- Just in time for the holidays, we have two specials in our online store:
- By special arrangement, we now offer Learning About Diabetes, an interactive educational board game about type 1 and type 2 diabetes designed for adults and older children, at $39.95, $10 off the retail price!
- The Discovery of Insulin is on sale for $15, discounted from the retail price of $18.
- Reinhard is 13, uses a pump, and lives in the Netherlands.
- Camps for kids with diabetes with updated information for the 2001 camping season include:
- Camp Carowanis is a bilingual summer camp for diabetic boys and girls ages 8 to 15 in Mont-Royal, Quebec, Canada. (Version Franšaise)
- Camp Kyle is a summer day camp in Fall River, Massachusetts.
- Camp Nejeda is a camping adventure for children with diabetes in New Jersey.
- Ashley's Bill would authorize the self-monitoring and treatment of students with diabetes in Massachusettes. If you live in Massachusettes, please sign the petition.
- Join us for our Special chats this week:
- Food Matters: Obesity: Does It Harm or Merely Offend? with Marion Franz on Monday, December 4th at 9pm Eastern in the Food Matters room.
- Growing Incidence of Type 2 in Children with Rod Lorenz from the NDEP, on Tuesday, December 5th at 9pm Eastern in the "Rod Lorenz" room.
- Virtual Support Group: Type 1 Diabetes with Kris Swenson and Betty Brackenridge on Wednesday, December 6th at 9pm Eastern in the Virtual Support room.
- Read the transcripts from our two special chats from last week:
- Getting Support from your Family.
- Understanding and Using Glycemic Index for Better BG Control
- NeedleAid is an injection aid product designed to help stabilize an insulin syringe or pen to make it easier to inject.
- Visit Bike, Cook, Cure to learn about Erik Osol's recently completed Boston-to-San Diego bike trip to help educate people about diabetes and to help find a cure for his sister.
- Clinical Diabetes has an article about The New "Designer" Insulins.
- Does "Diet" Fail? explores the challenges of diet-alone therapy for Type 2 diabetes.
- Case Study: Use of an Insulin Pump in an Adolescent concludes that pump therapy "... can be a very helpful and safe tool in achieving better glycemic control in the adolescent population."
- Pancreas and Islet Transplantation for Patients With Diabetes.
- Neonatal Type I diabetes associated with maternal echovirus 6 infection.
- Effects of pulsatile intravenous insulin therapy on the progression of diabetic nephropathy.
- Webcast reviews management issues for patients with Type 2 diabetes.
- Taming the diabetes monster shares the story of Ron Raab, vice-president of the International Diabetes Federation.
- West Boca mother helps educate teachers about diabetes.
- Rutland group helps kids with diabetes just be kids.
- Indian writer highlights the challenges of living with diabetes in India.
- The Bahrain Diabetic Association provides support and a camp for kids with diabetes.
- Diet high in fiber may help people with diabetes keep blood sugar levels under control.
- Type 1 Diabetics Said to Pose No Risk as Truck Drivers.
- Opposition in Canada pushes for help for diabetics.
- New Credit Life Insurance Plan launched for people with diabetes in Canada.
- Roche Diagnostics Scandinavia has four new country-specific web sites for Sweden, Finland, Denmark, and Norway.
- GLUCOSE32.EXE is updated to handle downloading blood glucose data from more meters.
- Making the Best of Life: Book 2: Learning to Live With Diabetes is the second book in a series by Jed Block.
- GreaterGood.com donates part of every purchase to the Diabetes Research Institute in Miami, Florida.
- Last week's poll asked readers to rate the diabetes education they receive from their diabetes team. This week's poll asks readers how soon they new friends about having diabetes.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Exchanges for All Occasions by Marion Franz, R.D.
- Our review of the 2000 IDF Meeting is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:34
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.