- By special arrangement, we now offer Learning About Diabetes, an interactive educational board game about type 1 and type 2 diabetes designed for adults and older children, at $39.95, $10 off the retail price! Buy in our online store!
- Pump users and care givers of kids with pumps are encouraged to take a Insulin Pump Survey.
- Chelsea is in the 8th grade and tells us about her diagnosis.
- Lesha is 10 years old and lives near Dallas, Texas.
- Karla Whalen shares her thoughts about her daughter's diabetes, entitled "More Blessings Than Burden, But".
- Venom is a poem by Deah Fisher, whose 14-month-old son was diagnosed with Type 1 on November 16, 2000.
- We have added over 80 new Friends in the last month.
- Join us for our two special chats this week:
- Food Matters: Understanding and Using Glycemic Index for Better BG Control with Lea Ann Holzmeister on Monday, November 27th at 9pm Eastern in the Food Matters room.
- Feelings Matters: Getting Support from your Family with Richard Rubin on Tuesday, November 28th at 9pm Eastern in the Feelings Matters room.
- Special chats the week of December 4-8 include:
- Food Matters: Obesity: Does It Harm or Merely Offend? with Marion Franz on Monday, December 4th at 9pm Eastern in the Food Matters room.
- Growing Incidence of Type 2 in Children with Rod Lorenz from the NDEP, on Tuesday, December 5th at 9pm Eastern in the "Rod Lorenz" room.
- Virtual Support Group: Type 1 Diabetes with Kris Swenson and Betty Brackenridge on Wednesday, December 6th at 9pm Eastern in the Virtual Support room.
- Read the transcript of our special chats from last week about Let's Talk Turkey: Enjoy Thanksgiving and Keep Control.
- A researcher in the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Calgary has discovered a new type of gene therapy that brings about the remission of Type 1 diabetes.
- Study shows that twice-daily NPH achieves better control than once-daily ultralente in patients with Type 2 diabetes.
- Depression and Diabetes: Impact of Depressive Symptoms on Adherence, Function, and Costs.
- Abbott Receives FDA Clearance for the First Automated Blood Glucose Monitor. See our report from the 2000 AADE meeting for a review of the Sof-Tact system.
- Teacher goes above and beyond to help student with diabetes.
- Diabetics needn't say 'no thanks' to holiday favorites.
- Last week's poll asked readers what they think of the new US stamp promoting diabetes awareness. This week's poll asks readers to rate the diabetes education they receive from their diabetes team.
- The Featured Book of the Week is The Diabetic Athlete by Sheri Colberg, Ph.D.
- Our Review of the 2000 AADE Annual Meeting is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:34
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.