- John Ratzenberger offers a new Message From the Chairman.
- Barb Chafe is the proud mother of a new insulin pumper.
- Caitlin, age ten, shares a speech she gave at school about her sister who has diabetes.
- The JDF Children's Congress will help convince Congress of the need to fund research for a cure.
- Camps for kids with diabetes with updated information for the 1999 camping season include:
- Camp Little Shot is a free camp for kids in central Georgia.
- Reversal of naturally occuring diabetes in primates by unmodified islet xenografts without chronic immunosuppression.
- Transplantation of islets using microencapsulation: studies in diabetic rodents and dogs.
- John J. McDonough and Daughter Allison Represent Juvenile Diabetes Foundation International at Hearing on Capitol Hill.
- U.S. FDA Panel Says Diabetes Drug Actos Safe.
- National Survey Confirms Critical Lack of Knowledge of Peripheral Neuropathy.
- Adding bone marrow cuts organ transplant rejection rates.
- Man Walks 3,000 Miles Across the United States to Raise Awareness for Diabetes.
- We've updated our mirror of Rick Mendosa's On-line Diabetes Resources.
- Chocoslim is a premium chocolate bar sweetened with malitol.
- Last week's poll asked readers if using the Children with Diabetes web site has helped them feel more prepared at visits to their diabetes team. This week's poll asks about how your HbA1c tests are performed.
- The Featured Book of the Week is When a Child Has Diabetes by Denis Daneman, Marcia Frank, and Kusiel Perlman.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:41
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.