- Are you an artist? Or a poet? Or a writer? If so, and if you've used art to express your feelings about living with diabetes, please send us copies of your works of art, poetry, or story and we'll publish it in our new Art section. See How to Contribute to learn how to submit your work.
- I Got Diabetes is a poem by Craig McAlister Broadhurst, M.Ed, NCC.
- This is the week for new information about blood glucose meters.
- We review the new LifeScan FastTake meter.
- We review the new AccuCheck Complete meter.
- We've updated the reviews of blood test meters, taking into account the many new meters and up-to-date pricing of test strips. Be sure to have a look at the graphical representation of test strip prices and speed of test results.
- If you think you can you tell one blood test strip from another, try our little quiz in Test Strips for Today's Meters.
- Summer camps for kids with diabetes with updated information this week include:
- Camp Floyd Rogers in Omaha, Nebraska, offers June camping for kids with diabetes ages 8 to 18.
- Camp Granada is a resident camp in Monticello, Illinois.
- Research Offers Promise of Diabetes Cure is a transcript of a television news report on islet cell research.
- JDF reminds us that House and Senate Committees Nearing Action on Diabetes Research Funding Bills.
- Budding young chef's will love I Made It Myself! by Sandra Nissenberg, R.D. and Heather Nissenber.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at children with DIABETES.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:29
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.