- Diabetes Monitor has an excellent summary of the The Diabetes Control and Complications Trial.
- Results Confirm Proof of Concept for Amylin Replacement Therapy.
- The mission of the Congressional Diabetes Caucus is "to help improve the quality of life for 16 million Americans and support research to find a cure for diabetes."
- A new model of the Insulcap is now available that accommodates the B-D UltraFine II short-needle syringes.
- The Diabetic Daily Log is a shareware blood-glucose management application that runs under Windows 95, Windows 3.1 and DOS.
- The National Institutes of Health is sponsoring Conference on Diabetes Mellitus: Challenges and Opportunities, September 4-5, 1997 at the Natcher Conference Center, National Institutes of Health Campus, Bethesda, Maryland. For more information, contact Mr. Fred Hill at (301) 493-9674 or via e-mail at [email protected].
- We debut a new Fundraising section under Products, highlighting products or companies that help to raise money to find a cure. Here are the the first:
- 1-800-OUR-GIFT, a mail-order florist, donates 20% of each purchase to the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation.
- FIFTY-50 Home Health Services is a mail order pharmacy that donates half its profits to the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation.
- Parents for a Cure is a fundraising effort through LIFELINE, a long distance telephone company, that will give 10% of your long distance bill to the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation to fund research for a cure.
- We review Everyone Likes to Eat, a book about meal planning using exchanges.
- Layered Orange Pinapple Mold makes a great summertime dessert.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:27
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.