- As usual, The Diabetes Team answers your questions.
- Non-invasive Blood Glucose Meters are on the verge of revolutionizing how we perform blood tests. Be sure to read about what's coming, including the Diasensor 1000, the world's first non-invasive blood glucose sensor available for purchase.
- We review the new One Touch Basic blood glucose meter from LifeScan.
- The Discovery of Insulin is a worthy addition to your library of books.
- Diabetes Youth Foundation of Indiana provides summer residential camping for children ages 7-15 with diabetes, a Bicycle Adventure Camp for teenagers with diabetes, and Family Weekend Camps for children with diabetes and their families. Part of Camps for Children with Diabetes.
- Jim Wright, M.D., Ph.D., of the Dalhousie University Medical School in Halifax, Nova Scotia, is Fishing for a Cure for Diabetes. Dr. Wright is optimistic that a fish islet transplant will one day replace the patient's own damaged islets and eliminate the need for insulin injections.
- The Diabetes Research and Wellness Foundation supports sentific research into treatments and cure of diabetes; conducts screenings, and education programs to save lives from blindness, kidney failure, amputations; and publishes The Diabetes Wellness letter. It also provides free medical alert ID necklaces and diabetes self-management diaries and educational literature upon request.
- The Diabetes Support Group at the University of New Mexico has a Web page to highlight its activities.
- U.S. Health Care, one of the nation's largest managed care companies, has information about Juvenile Diabetes.
- Thee Diet Shoppe lets you shop on-line for low sugar or sugar-free foods and candies. Diabetic exchanges are included for many products.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:24
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.