Of Continuing Interest
- Make plans to attend Friends for Life 2015, to be held at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort from Monday, July 6th, through Sunday, July 12th, 2015.
- Make plans to attend our Focus on Technology: Anaheim 2015 conference, to be held at the Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim, California from September 18 - 20, 2015.
New This Week
- Last week's poll asked readers if they've considered adding a type 2 medication to their diabetes care regimen. This week's poll asks readers to describe themselves.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Type 1 Diabetes in Children, Adolescents and Young Adults by Ragnar Hanas, M.D.
- This week's Humorous Tidbit is:
I was sending my son a text this morning – he has a stomach bug and low ketones – and my note was "remember, fluids and insulin will make the ketones go away." It autocorrected to "fluids and insulin will make the kittens go away."
- You know you're the parent of a child with diabetes when your six year old runs to the bathroom yelling "I've got to go Type 2!" See more parent humor.
Featured Diabetes Team Question of the Week
- The Featured Ask the Diabetes Team Question of the Week is:
My granddaughter lies about cheating with foods and has great swings in her blood sugars. She will not do her school work and does not care about anything. Where can we find help?
See the answer.
From the CWD Forums
- From the CWD Forums:
Support and Advocacy
- The Diabetes Patient Advocacy Coalition will make it easy to keep policy makers' attention on people with diabetes.
Diabetes Blogs and Social Media
- Why a Teen with Type 1 Diabetes Lied to her Parents.
- A 3-Time Artificial Pancreas Test Subject Speaks.
- Insulin Independent for a Decade.
- Interview: Anna Norton on the Future of Diabetes Sisters.
- Glooko Pairs Up with Insulet, Dexcom, and Medtronic – Updated Platform Coming this Summer.
- New Clinical Trial Brings Artificial Pancreas Closer.
- Sugar intake is associated with progression from islet autoimmunity to type 1 diabetes: the Diabetes Autoimmunity Study in the Young.
- Predictive Low-Glucose Insulin Suspension Reduces Duration of Nocturnal Hypoglycemia in Children Without Increasing Ketosis. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Day and Night Closed-Loop Control Using the Integrated Medtronic Hybrid Closed-Loop System in Type 1 Diabetes at Diabetes Camp. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Sotagliflozin, a Dual SGLT1 and SGLT2 Inhibitor, as Adjunct Therapy to Insulin in Type 1 Diabetes. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Glucagon - the new 'insulin' in the pathophysiology of diabetes.
- Changes in HbA1c, insulin dose and incidence of hypoglycaemia in patients with type 1 diabetes after switching to insulin degludec in an outpatient setting: an observational study.
- Transition, It's More Than Just An Event: Supporting Young People With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Fixed ratio dosing of pramlintide with regular insulin before a standard meal in patients with type 1 diabetes.
- The inflammation, vascular repair and injury responses to exercise in fit males with and without Type 1 diabetes: an observational study.
- Telemedicine in US Army soldiers with type 1 diabetes.
- Four Diabetic Ketoacidosis Episodes Triple Risk of Early Death. (Free Medscape membership required)
- Predictors and Significance of Incomplete Mucosal Recovery in Celiac Disease After 1 Year on a Gluten-Free Diet.
- "Gluten-Free" Oats Label Approved in Canada.
- Hepatitis B Vaccine Less Effective for Celiac Patients.
Diabetes in the Popular Press
- Computer Experts Deliver Insulin to Diabetic Kids.
- Steps to help teenagers cope with diabetes.
- Ms. Fisher goes to Washington.
- Dear Fellow Moms: Stop Whining and Get in the Damn Pool.
- PBL valedictorian maintains her grades, active lifestyle despite Type 1 diabetes.
- Lilly commits 780,000 vials of insulin to Life for a Child.
- Bayer to divest Diabetes Care business to Panasonic Healthcare Holdings Co., Ltd. for EUR 1,022 million.
- Team of diabetic students working to cure diabetes.
- BD and Medtronic Collaborate to Introduce a New Infusion Set with BD FlowSmart™ Technology Designed to Improve Insulin Pump Therapy.
- Medtronic Receives FDA Clearance of MiniMed® Connect for More Convenient Access to Personal Diabetes Data .
- Medtronic Expands Access to Diabetes Device Data Through Agreement with Glooko.
- Mass. General Hospital launches phase II trial of BCG vaccine to reverse type 1 diabetes. See also Here's How Lee Iacocca Wants To Cure Diabetes.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Wednesday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. You can also unsubscribe there. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site and in diabetes.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Wednesday June 10, 2015 19:27:08
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.