Back to Rufus Rufus Visits the Mullens Family

The Mullens Family, Lorena, Texas

Thursday, March 7, 2002
Rufus arrives! We are excited. Rufus went with Amanda to the Department of Public Safety office to get her drivers license. She turned 16 yesterday. Then we went to Chick-fil-a to eat lunch. Next we went to Wal-Mark to pick up some things. Then we went to the endo clinic for my checkup. There we saw nurses and educators. Rufus got a bright yellow bandaid from one of the nurses. That afternoon Rufus went with Amanda to her tennis practice at school. Rufus was a hit! That night we ate hamburgers and french fries. Then we did homework. Then we were out for the night.

Friday, March 8, 2002
Today, Rufus went to school with Amanda. He got to go to tryouts for cheerleader. After school we went home and rested. We had chicken fajitas for supper. YUMMMM! Today Amandas counts were high. That's all we did today.

Saturday, March 9, 2002
Today Rufus got to travel to Dallas. Amanda is going there for a few days to visit two of her friends from diabetes camp. We got to eat lunch at McDonalds. In the afternoon we went to the airport to pick up one of Amanda's friends. That night we went to eat Italian food and then over to a friend's house where we went swimming and got in the hot tub. We came home and then crashed for the night.

Sunday, March 10, 2002
Today we went to IHOP for breakfast. Then we went to the park for a game of soccer and tennis. We went back to the house and ate and hung out. That night we went over to a friends house and ate supper. Then we went out for ice cream. It was very delicious.

Monday, March 11, 2002
Today we went to the mall in Dallas. It was huge. For lunch, we went and ate Italian food again. It was so good. Then we came home and watched a scary movie. For supper we went to Chili's. It was very yummy. Then we went to McDonalds for another snack. For the rest of the night we went home.

Tuesday, March 12, 2002
Today we went to Chick-fil-a for breakfast. For lunch we went on a picnic at the park. Rufus really enjoyed being outside. The weather was very nice. We came home and rested for a while. Then for supper we had Italian food. Next we went and raced go carts. They were so much fun. Then we went and played Hide-n-Seek on the putt-putt course. We then went to Blockbuster and rented another scary movie.

Wednesday, March 13, 2002
Today was our last day in Dallas. Rufus and I were both sad that we had to leave and go back home. We dropped off a friend at the airport and then we headed for Waco. In Waco we ran a few errands and then went on home for the rest of the day.

Thursday, March 14, 2002
Today we cleaned house most of the day. We made a visit to town. We ate supper out. Rufus also got to go to the movies and spend the night with a friend.

Friday, March 15, 2002
Today, we went to the Waco airport to pick up our German Exchange student. Everyone made banners and flags. We took our student to eat Mexican food with some friends.

Saturday, March 16, 2002
We took our German student, Asja, to the mall today. Rufus went along also. Asja really likes to shop. All of us were ready for a nap when we got home. That night we met all the other Germans and their hosts and went dancing. It was so much fun. Rufus enjoyed dancing the Cotten Eyed Joe!

Sunday, March 17, 2002
Today, Rufus went and played tennis. We went to a party later in the afternoon and rode 4-wheelers. That night, we went to the Baylor Lady Bears playoff game. There were a bunch of people there.

Monday, March 18, 2002
Today, Rufus went to school and then to tennis practice after school. For supper, we ate steaks at the Texas Roadhouse with a bunch of the Germans and their hosts. It was very yummy.

Tuesday, March 19, 2002
Once again, Rufus went to school. Tennis practice was cancelled because of rain so Rufus and Amanda went to the Baylor Baseball game and THEY WON!

Wednesday, March 20, 2002
Today, Rufus went to the high school softball game. A big storm came during the middle of it. It was really scary.

Thursday, March 21, 2002
After tennis practice we went shopping at the mall. Tonight everyone went to bed early. Not much going on.

Friday, March 22, 2002
Today, Rufus went with Amanda to her tennis tournament. Her and her doubles partner won 4th place. That night we went to a track meet. Then Amanda's cousin came over for a while. He got to hang out with the big girls!

Saturday, March 23, 2002
Today we went back to the tennis tournament to support the other teammates. That night we went to the mall and to eat out.

Sunday, March 24, 2002
Today is our last day with Rufus. We went to the outlet mall and shopped. We at lunch and then went to the library. That afternoon we went and played tennis for 3 hours. It was tiring. We are sorry to see Rufus leave. He was a joy.

The Mullens Family
David, Diane, Amanda-16-dx'd 12/30/98, Christina-11, Lorena, Texas

<< Prev Page

Next Page >>

Copyright Notice:
Rufus and Ruby, the bears with diabetes, is the creation of Carol Cramer, who owns the copyright to Rufus and Ruby. The graphics of Rufus are from Rufus Come Home, written by Kim Gosselin and illustrated by Terry Ravenelli, and are used by permission of the author.

  Back to Rufus Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Friday December 20, 2002 10:22:36
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.