Companies around the world are working on better ways to manage diabetes. Universities and other research institutions are working on finding a cure for diabetes and its complications. We provide an outlet for press releases from these organizations, so that you can better understand what they're working on.
Press Releases from 2016
28 December 2016
- Lexicon Reports Positive Top-line Results In Second Pivotal Phase 3 Study For Sotagliflozin In Patients With Type 1 Diabetes.
21 December 2016
- FDA Approval of Dexcom's Non-Adjunctive Indication Triggers a New Era in Diabetes Management. The Dexcom G5 Mobile CGM System is the first and only medical device that is FDA-approved for making daily diabetes decisions without painful finger pricks. See also FDA expands indication for continuous glucose monitoring system, first to replace fingerstick testing for diabetes treatment decisions.
- Bionic pancreas system successfully controls blood sugar without risk of hypoglycemia.
- Novo Nordisk Receives FDA Approval of TresibaÆ (insulin degludec injection 100 U/mL, 200 U/mL) for Use in Children and Adolescents With Diabetes. See also Tresiba gets FDA approval to treat children with type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
- OneTouch Vibeô Plus Insulin Pump Earns FDA Approval and Health Canada License and is First Pump Integrated with the Dexcom G5Æ Mobile Continuous Glucose Monitor.
14 December 2016
- Lilly Announces Program to Provide Insulin at Discounted Prices.
7 December 2016
- ONE DROP Announces FDA Clearance and ONE DROP | Premium Launch in US, UK, and EU.
- Genteel: ‚ÄúFor Those with Diabetes, Painful Blood Sugar Checks Are Now a Thing of the Past‚Äù.
30 November 2016
- Ascensia Diabetes Care Receives FDA Clearance for the App-Enabled CONTOUR¬ÆNEXT ONE Blood Glucose Monitoring System.
23 November 2016
- Dexcom One Step Ahead Foundation: A Dexcom Employees Foundation Awards First Grants to Diabetes Advocacy Organizations.
- Livongo Glucose Meter Delivers First Over-the-Air Capabilities to Industry.
16 November 2016
- With Health Canada approval, Dexcom G5¬Æ Mobile CGM System is the First and Only Medical Device in North America for Making Daily Diabetes Decisions Without Painful Fingersticks.
- NIH-funded International Diabetes Closed Loop (IDCL) Trial to Combine Technologies from Tandem Diabetes Care, Dexcom and TypeZero.
- BD Collaborates with JDRF to Focus on Extended Wear Innovations for Insulin Infusion Delivery.
19 October 2016
- Diabetes Research Institute's Alberto Pugliese, M.D. was Awarded the J. Enloe and Eugenia J. Dodson Chair in Diabetes Research.
- Bigfoot Biomedical Raises $35.5 Million in Series A Financing.
12 October 2016
- Diabetes innovator announces technical breakthrough to launch intelligent insulin delivery for everyone.
- Michael Sefton receives $1.1M from JDRF for type 1 diabetes research.
5 October 2016
- T1D Exchange Initiates Multimillion Dollar Investment in Automated Insulin Delivery Technologies.
28 September 2016
- Abbott Receives FDA Approval for the FreeStyle Libre Pro‚Ñ¢ System, a Revolutionary Diabetes Sensing Technology for Healthcare Professionals to Use with Their Patients.
- Groundbreaking Advancements Unveiled as T1D Exchange and M2D2 Announce Semi-Finalists in Inaugural Diabetes Innovation Challenge.
14 September 2016
- Glooko and Diasend Merge to Deliver the World‚Äôs Premier Diabetes Management Platform.
31 August 2016
- Express Scripts Launches Diabetes Care Value Program℠, Guaranteeing More Affordable, Higher-Quality Diabetes Care.
10 August 2016
- Capillary Biomedical Developing Improved Insulin Delivery Catheter with Funding Support from JDRF.
3 August 2016
- Companion Medical Receives FDA Clearance for Smart Insulin Delivery System.
27 July 2016
- FDA Advisory Committee Votes in Favor of Non-Adjunctive Label for DexCom G5 Mobile CGM System.
- Tandem Diabetes Care¬Æ Announces Expanded Pediatric Indication of t:slim¬Æ Insulin Pump for Ages 6 and Older.
- Bigfoot Biomedical Enrolls First Patients in Clinical Trial of smartloop‚Ñ¢ Automated Insulin Delivery System.
- Tandem Diabetes Care and TypeZero Technologies Announce License Agreement to Accelerate Development and Commercialization of Closed-Loop Artificial Pancreas System.
- First Type 1 Diabetes Patient in Europe is Free from Insulin Therapy after Undergoing Diabetes Research Institute‚Äôs BioHub Transplant Technique.
- JDRF Announces Partnership with Arecor Ltd to Support Development of a Stable, Rapid-Acting, Ultra-Concentrated Insulin.
- DreaMed Diabetes Raises $3.3 Million From Norma Investments and a Strategic Investor.
20 July 2016
- Tandem Diabetes Care Announces FDA Clearance of Remote Software Update Tool for Insulin Pumps.
- JDRF and TrialReach Launch a New, No Cost Clinical Trial Matching Tool to Solve Critical Challenges in Diabetes Research.
13 July 2016
- Insulet Launches New Educational iPad App: Toby‚Äôs T1D Tale.
- Fifth Anniversary Advocating for a Type 1 Diabetes Cure.
29 June 2016
- Congressional Members Join the Diabetes Patient Advocacy Coalition in Call for Immediate Suspension of Medicare's Bidding Program.
- Diabetes Scholars Foundation Announces 2016 Scholarship Recipients.
8 June 2016
- Valeritas Announces Retrospective Analysis of the V-Go¬Æ Disposable Insulin Delivery Device Published Online in Drugs-Real World Outcomes, an International, Peer-Reviewed Journal.
1 June 2016
- Senseonics Signs Exclusive Distribution Agreement with Roche.
25 May 2016
- Senseonics receives CE Mark for implantable continuous glucose monitoring system.
27 April 2016
- New Vigilant‚Ñ¢ Diabetes Management Companion Launched in U.S. That Alerts Users to Risk of Severe Hypoglycemia in Next 24 Hours.
20 April 2016
- Islet transplantation restores blood sugar awareness and control in type 1 diabetes.
13 April 2016
- Helmsley Awards $2.1 Million to Penn, Stanford and Seattle Children's Research Institute to Explore Cell-Based Therapies for Type 1 Diabetes.
- Solving a genetic mystery in type 1 diabetes.
16 March 2016
- LabStyle Innovations' Dario Blood Glucose Monitoring System online e-store and membership program live in US.
2 March 2016
- Leading Type 1 Diabetes Organizations Collaborate to Improve Health Outcomes and Access to Therapies and Technologies.
24 February 2016
- Expert Assembly Spearheaded by American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists/American College of Endocrinology Calls for Expanded Use of Continuous Glucose Monitoring Technology in the Care of People With Diabetes.
- JDRF Announces the Formation of a New Research Advisory Committee to Support Fight Against Type 1 Diabetes.
17 February 2016
- CU Identifies Factor That May Trigger Type 1 Diabetes.
- Lilly Diabetes Helps Inspiring Students with Type 1 Diabetes Attend College Through Scholarship Donation.
- NICE Recommends Medtronic Integrated Sensor-Augmented Insulin Pump As the Only Therapy System to Manage Glucose Levels in Type 1 Diabetes.
10 February 2016
- Helmsley Charitable Trust Awards $3.4 Million to DreaMed Diabetes for Type 1 Diabetes Decision Support.
- Children in Europe Now Have Access to First-Of-Its-Kind Diabetes Sensing Technology - Eliminates Routine Finger Pricks.
- ViaCyte Acquires Rights to BetaLogics Assets, Expanding and Extending Industry-Leading Portfolio for Stem Cell-Derived Approaches to Type 1 Diabetes.
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration Approves Humulin¬Æ R U-500 KwikPen¬Æ.
27 January 2016
- U.S. FDA Accepts Filing of Cardiovascular Outcomes Data for Jardiance¬Æ (empagliflozin).
20 January 2016
- Advances in continuous glucose monitoring technology will pave the way to an artificial pancreas.
13 January 2016
- FDA Approves Animas¬Æ Vibe¬Æ Insulin Pump and Continuous Glucose Monitoring System For Use in Children.
- Insulet Enters into Development Agreement with Eli Lilly for OmniPod Delivery of U200 Concentrated Insulin.
- Zucara Therapeutics Inc. developing drug to prevent hypoglycemic episodes for people with diabetes.
6 January 2016
- TypeZero Technologies' Artificial Pancreas Solution, inControl AP, Will Be Tested in a Large Scale, NIH Funded ($12.7 Million) Clinical Study Run by the University of Virginia and 8 Other Locations in 2016.
To have your press release included on this page, please use our Feedback Form. Please be sure to include contact information in case we have questions. We reserve the right to include only those press releases that are consistent with our editorial positions.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Monday January 02, 2017 13:03:48
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.