Companies around the world are working on better ways to manage diabetes. Universities and other research institutions are working on finding a cure for diabetes and its complications. We provide an outlet for press releases from these organizations, so that you can better understand what they're working on.
Press Releases from 2015
25 November 2015
- DRI Pioneers Safer Approach for Creating Insulin-Producing Cells.
17 November 2015
- OneTouch Reveal® App for Diabetes Management Adds Support for HealthKit.
11 November 2015
- IU researchers receive $5 million grant to improve diabetes management in young children.
21 October 2015
- Roche Diagnostics Ranks Highest in Overall Satisfaction among Blood Glucose Meter Manufacturers.
14 October 2015
- Lilly Acquires Phase III Intranasal Glucagon from Locemia Solutions.
7 October 2015
- The Sanford Project selects new leader.
30 September 2015
- JDRF and the American Diabetes Association, in Collaboration with Multiple Diabetes Organizations Publish New Classification and Staging Approach for Presymptomatic Type 1 Diabetes.
- American Diabetes Association and JDRF Report on Symposium that Examined Links Between Diabetes and Intestinal Microbes.
- MiniMed® Connect Now Available from Medtronic for Smartphone Access to Personal Diabetes Data.
- FDA approves two new drug treatments for diabetes mellitus. See also FDA Approval for Tresiba and Ryzodeg, Long Lasting Insulin Drugs.
23 September 2015
- Tandem Diabetes Care to Begin Shipping t:slim G4 Insulin Pump with CGM Integration.
18 September 2015
- A Unified Community: Let's Put An End To T1D.
- Dexcom G5® Mobile Continuous Glucose Monitoring System Receives CE Mark.
9 September 2015
- First Patient in BioHub Pilot Trial No Longer Requires Insulin. See also Doctors reverse patient's diabetes using new technique.
- Tandem Diabetes Care Announces FDA Approval of t:slim G4 Insulin Pump with CGM Integration.
2 September 2015
- $2.5M funding for research on the artificial pancreas.
- Vidyo Helps Pioneering Clinic Treat and Empower Young Adults with Type 1 Diabetes.
26 August 2015
- First Patient Transplanted in Pilot BioHub Trial. See more at DRI TV.
- FDA Approves Dexcom G5® Mobile Continuous Glucose Monitoring System. See also Discover the Dexcom G5™ Mobile Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) System.
- Lilly, AACE Mark 10th Anniversary of Hurricane Katrina with Reminder of "My Diabetes Emergency Plan" Checklist. See also My Diabetes Emergency Plan.
- Novo Nordisk completes second and final phase 3a trial with liraglutide as adjunct therapy to insulin for people with type 1 diabetes (NN9211). See also Novo Nordisk Won't Be Pursuing Victoza for Type 1 Diabetes.
12 August 2015
- DexCom to Collaborate with the Life Sciences Team at Google on the Development of Breakthrough Technologies to Change the Future of Diabetes Management.
5 August 2015
- Tandem Diabetes Care Announces Development Agreement with Dexcom for Integration of Future Generation CGM Systems.
- Animas Collaborates with Tidepool to Integrate Insulin Pump Data to Open-Source Software Aiding Diabetes Management.
1 July 2015
- Pet care can help improve adolescents’ Type 1 diabetes management, pediatricians find.
10 June 2015
- Bayer to divest Diabetes Care business to Panasonic Healthcare Holdings Co., Ltd. for EUR 1,022 million.
- Team of diabetic students working to cure diabetes.
- BD and Medtronic Collaborate to Introduce a New Infusion Set with BD FlowSmart™ Technology Designed to Improve Insulin Pump Therapy.
- Medtronic Receives FDA Clearance of MiniMed® Connect for More Convenient Access to Personal Diabetes Data .
- Medtronic Expands Access to Diabetes Device Data Through Agreement with Glooko.
- Mass. General Hospital launches phase II trial of BCG vaccine to reverse type 1 diabetes. See also Here's How Lee Iacocca Wants To Cure Diabetes.
3 June 2015
- Helmsley Charitable Trust Announces $5 million Diabetes Data Innovation Initiative.
- Bigfoot Biomedical Acquires the Assets of Asante Solutions.
- Dexcom® Announces Follow App is Now Available for Android Devices.
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration Approves Humalog® 200 units/mL KwikPen®.
20 May 2015
- Tandem Diabetes Care Launches t:flex™ Insulin Pump.
- BD Receives FDA Clearance for Novel Infusion Set Technology to Enhance Use of Insulin Pumps.
- 2015 Students With Diabetes™ Conference Features Celebrities, Science And Connections For 18- To 30-Year-Olds With Type 1 Diabetes.
6 May 2015
- Henry Anhalt, DO, Named Chief Medical Officer for T1D Exchange.
- Manny Hernandez, Co-Founder of TuDiabetes and Diabetes Hands Foundation, Joins Livongo Health Leadership Team.
- Lori Laffel, MD, MPH, Receives American Diabetes Association's Outstanding Physician Clinician in Diabetes Award.
29 April 2015
- Helmsley Charitable Trust Awards $8.7 Million to Leading Research Institutions Across Globe to Launch Type 1 Diabetes Prevention Initiative.
22 April 2015
- Tandem Diabetes Care Now Shipping t:slim® Insulin Pump with Updated Software.
15 April 2015
- Immunological markers affected after six months in a first combination study with the diabetes vaccine Diamyd®.
2 April 2015
- The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust Awards $8.7 Million to Unitio to expand reach of T1D Exchange.
25 March 2015
- Semma Therapeutics Announces $44 Million in Funding Led by MPM Capital to Develop Cell Therapy for Treating Type 1 Diabetes; Signs Agreement with Global Pharmaceutical Company. See also Semma Secures $44M to Develop Diabetes Stem Cell Therapy.
- AstraZeneca to collaborate with the Harvard Stem Cell Institute in diabetes.
18 March 2015
- Biodel's Glucagon Formulation for Use in a Proprietary Auto-Reconstitution Device for the Treatment of Severe Hypoglycemia Meets Primary Efficacy Endpoint in Phase 1 Clinical Trial.
- The diabetes vaccine Diamyd® in new study to stop type 1 diabetes in children.
25 February 2015
- NASCAR Driver Ryan Reed Takes First Place At Daytona International Speedway.
- American Diabetes Association Names Kevin L. Hagan Next CEO.
- JDRF and Janssen Partner to Drive Novel Type 1 Diabetes Research Concept.
- Tandem Diabetes Care Launches t:simulator Demonstration App.
11 February 2015
- Students with Type 1 Diabetes Get a Boost from Lilly Diabetes to Attend College.
- Researchers find link between microbiome, type 1 diabetes.
6 February 2015
- Spare a Rose on Valentine's Day and Save a Child.
- Lilly Diabetes Donates $92,000 in Camp Scholarships to the American Diabetes Association.
28 January 2015
- FDA permits marketing of first system of mobile medical apps for continuous glucose monitoring. See also FDA clears new medical app to track real-time glucose levels in diabetics.
21 January 2015
- Medtronic Launches MiniMed 640G System, Breakthrough in Artificial Pancreas Technology, Outside the U.S.
To have your press release included on this page, please use our Feedback Form. Please be sure to include contact information in case we have questions. We reserve the right to include only those press releases that are consistent with our editorial positions.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Tuesday December 13, 2016 13:17:16
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.