Companies around the world are working on better ways to manage diabetes. Universities and other research institutions are working on finding a cure for diabetes and its complications. We provide an outlet for press releases from these organizations, so that you can better understand what they're working on.
Press Releases from 2011
14 December 2011
- JDRF to Support ViaCyte's Development of Innovative Encapsulated Beta Cell Replacement Therapy for Diabetes.
23 November 2011
- iglucose: Recently FDA-Cleared, Wireless Diabetes Management System Keeps Everyone Connected.
16 November 2011
- Tandem Diabetes Care Announces FDA Clearance of the t:slim™ Insulin Delivery System.
9 November 2011
- Dexcom Launches Public Awareness Campaign About the Deadly Consequences of Hypoglycemic Unawareness for People With Diabetes.
2 November 2011
- Rite Aid, LifeScan officially kick off Rite Track Diabetes Tour. See also Celebrity Chef Sam Talbot gets on board for diabetes testing and RITE TRACK Diabetes Tour.
- Nick Jonas and Bayer HealthCare Announce Winner of "Simple Inspirations" Contest.
- NIH awards group $4.5 million for smart artificial pancreas technology.
28 September 2011
- Biodel Reports Top-Line Results From Pump Study of Experimental Insulin. See also Biodel's Ultra Rapid Insulin Fails in Second Phase 1 Trial .
21 September 2011
- Cellnovo Receives CE Mark Approval for World's First Mobile Diabetes Management System.
15 September 2011
- Cellnovo integrates LifeScan technology for mobile diabetes management.
- First Implantable Continuous Glucose Sensor to Achieve High Accuracy Performance in People With Diabetes.
3 August 2011
- Celebrity Chef Sam Talbot Joins "Life First™" Diabetes Awareness Campaign.
- Team Type 1 Co-Founder and CEO Phil Southerland Appointed to World Health Organization Post.
20 July 2011
- Novo Nordisk Partners with Children with Diabetes, Inc. to Help Newly Diagnosed Children with Type 1 Diabetes.
29 June 2011
- T1D Exchange Clinical Registry Enrollment Exceeds 12,000.
21 June 2011
- Halozyme Therapeutics to Present Data on its Ultrafast Insulin Programs at the Upcoming American Diabetes Association 71st Scientific Sessions.
15 June 2011
- New Grant Supports Study Combining Several Technologies to Advance Cell Replacement Therapy.
8 June 2011
- Diamyd regains control of diabetes therapy.
- Young Entrepreneur Builds New Diabetes Business.
1 June 2011
- Award-winning Diabetes Documentary Life for a Child Available Free Online at Hulu.com.
25 May 2011
- New Book Explores the Functional Use of Insulin.
18 May 2011
- Asante Solutions Receives FDA Clearance for PearlTM Insulin Pump.
11 May 2011
- LifeScan Fulfills Exclusive U.S. Agreement With Medtronic.
- Diamyd reports initial results from European Phase III trial in patients newly diagnosed with type 1 diabetes.
4 May 2011
- Pediatric Diabetes Clinical Trial Uses Psoriasis Drug; Emory and Children's Healthcare of Atlanta investigators lead national study.
- Spring-Set Health Solutions Ltd., Receives FDA 510(k) Clearance to Market Its Spring Universal Infusion Sets in U.S.
13 April 2011
- Medtronic Launches More Accurate and Comfortable Sensor to Help Improve Glucose Control; Enlite™ Sensor Available to Diabetes Patients for Continuous Glucose Monitoring in More Than 35 Countries.
- Asante Solutions, Inc. Receives CE Mark for Pearl™ Insulin Pump.
6 April 2011
- Medtronic Announces Mac Compatibility for CareLink® Personal Therapy Management Software for Diabetes.
30 March 2011
- Dr. Stephen Ponder at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School at the Permian Basin completes his first diabetes house call. (PDF)
23 March 2011
- Tooth Fairy or Guardian Angel? New hope of a potential cure for Diabetes.
16 March 2011
- Tolerx And Glaxosmithkline Announce Phase 3 Defend-1 Study of Otelixizumab in Type 1 Diabetes Did Not Meet Its Primary Endpoint. See also Monoclonal Antibody Fails in Type 1 Diabetes and Failure of diabetes drug is a setback for Tolerx.
- B.B. King, Crystal Bowersox And OneTouch® Take Center Stage In New Diabetes Campaign.
- Lilly Diabetes and the American Diabetes Association partner to send 88 children with diabetes to American Diabetes Association Diabetes Camps in 2011.
16 February 2011
- Updated NDEP guide helps keep children with diabetes safe at school.
9 February 2011
- Lilly and the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Partner to Fund Regenerative Medicine Research in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Cellnovo Secures £30 Million in Series B Financing to Advance New Mobile Diabetes Management System.
26 January 2011
- Novo Nordisk's new pen for children - NovoPen Echo(R) - wins GOOD DESIGN(TM) Award.
12 January 2011
- Type-1 University Now Open for Enrollment.
To have your press release included on this page, please use our Feedback Form. Please be sure to include contact information in case we have questions. We reserve the right to include only those press releases that are consistent with our editorial positions.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Tuesday December 13, 2016 13:18:34
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.