Companies around the world are working on better ways to manage diabetes. Universities and other research institutions are working on finding a cure for diabetes and its complications. We provide an outlet for press releases from these organizations, so that you can better understand what they're working on.
Press Releases from 2009
23 December 2009
- JDRF Announces Diabetes Research Program with The Johnson & Johnson Corporate Office of Science & Technology .
- Mobile Phone Technology May Address Unmet Needs of Parents of Children With Diabetes, Sending Blood Sugar Readings Via Text, to Help Manage Child's Illness.
9 December 2009
- Lilly Announces the First 300-unit Vial of Insulin.
- Fda Grants Ibsolvmir Orphan Drug Designation In The Treatment Of Diabetes Patients In The U.S. See also IBsolvMIR®, a Drug That Prevents Islet Transplantation Rejection, Receives FDA Orphan Drug Status.
18 November 2009
- JDRF Names Dr. Aaron Kowalski Assistant Vice President for Glucose Control Research.
11 November 2009
- Helmsley Trust Grant Advances OHSU's Search for a Diabetes Cure.
7 October 2009
- Bayer Introduces Contour USB - The First Blood Glucose Meter With Unique Plug & Play Diabetes Management Software.
- Living Cell Technologies Reports Successful First Implant Of DIABECELL® In New Zealand. (PDF)
16 September 2009
- Generex Announces USFDA Approval of Use of Company's Flagship Buccal Insulin Product, Generex Oral-l.
2 September 2009
- Diamyd to include children and accelerate patient recruitment in US Phase III study with the Diamyd® diabetes vaccine.
5 August 2009
- Medingo Introduces Solo™ MicroPump Insulin Delivery System at the American Association of Diabetes Educators Meeting After Receiving FDA Clearance.
29 July 2009
- Elron Group Company Medingo Receives Formal FDA Clearance To Market Its Insulin Micropump In The United States (PDF). See also Elron shares rocket on new diabetes pump.
- Patton Medical Devices Partners With Unomedical to Develop and Market the i-port Advance(TM) Injection Port for People Taking Multiple Daily Injections.
- FDA Fast Track Status For Oral GI Prokinetic Drug Candidate TZP-102 - For Gastroparesis In Diabetic Patients.
22 July 2009
- FDA Approves NovoLog® Labeling Update; Increasing the Time Patients Can Use and Store NovoLog® in Their Pumps from Two Days to Six Days.
- OneTouch® Ping™ Glucose Management System Approved by Health Canada.
15 July 2009
- Insulet Establishes Eco-Friendly Disposal Program for the OmniPod(R) Insulin Management System.
- Bayer Unveils DIDGET(TM), the First and Only Blood Glucose Meter That Connects With the Nintendo DS(TM) or DS(TM) Lite.
1 July 2009
- Abbott Congratulates Team Type 1.
- UTS Diabetes for iPhone: Manage your diabetes stats and share it with your doctor remotely.
- Global Infusion Pumps Market is Projected to Reach $6.8 Billion by 2015, According to New Report by Global Industry Analysts.
17 June 2009
- Can-Am Care's Innovative Clickfine® Pen Needles Are Now Available at Major Retail Chains and Drugstores; Easy-to-Use Pen Needles Click-on All Major Diabetes Pens. (PDF)
10 June 2009
- Automated 'Artificial Pancreas' Controls Blood Glucose Levels in Diabetes Patients for First Time.
- Helping to find a cure for diabetes.
27 May 2009
- UK researchers make breakthrough in immune system therapy.
20 May 2009
- International Diabetes Federation kicks off World Diabetes Day campaign.
13 May 2009
- Former Miss America Nicole Johnson Visits The Diabetes Research Institute.
- Roche Announces Long-Term Commitment to Tackle Growing Epidemic of Diabetes.
- New evidence of how high glucose damages blood vessels could lead to new treatments.
6 May 2009
- Living Cell Technologies Reports Insulin Independence in Two Patients Following Recent Implants of DIABECELL® in Diabetes Clinical Trial.
22 April 2009
- Roche Diabetes Care supports "Changing Diabetes in Children."
15 April 2009
- Indy Lights Racer Charlie Kimball Doesn't Let Diabetes Slow Him Down.
- Device Protects Transplanted Pancreatic Cells from the Immune System.
1 April 2009
- Counterfeit NovoFine® needles discovered in England.
25 March 2009
- Supermodel Izabel Goulart Partners With Diabetes Research Institute Foundation As International Ambassador.
- SemBioSys Genetics Inc. Announces Clinical Results with Plant-Produced Insulin.
18 March 2009
- MannKind Submits NDA for AFRESA for Treatment of Diabetes.
11 March 2009
- Novo Nordisk Improved FlexPen® Now Available in the U.S..
- TrialNet Centers Begin Diamyd® Vaccine Study For Recent-Onset Type 1 Diabetes.
4 March 2009
- Jonas Brothers' Change For The Children Foundation To Provide Diabetes Camp Scholarships.
18 February 2009
- Elite Skier Uses OmniPod® Insulin Management System at World Championships.
11 February 2009
- Back at USF, former Miss America advocates diabetes education.
- Sustained Benefit with DIABECELL® Implants.
- Diamyd® Combination Trial Aimed At Regenerating Insulin-producing Capacity In Established Type 1 Diabetes Gets Approval From FDA.
- Novel Diabetes Drug Discovery Has Potential To Reverse Disease.
- DexCom(TM) Amends Joint Development Agreement with Animas to Bring Continuous Glucose Monitoring-Enabled Insulin Pumps Outside U.S.
- Researchers Engineer Pancreatic Cell Transplants To Evade Immune Response.
To have your press release included on this page, please use our Feedback Form. Please be sure to include contact information in case we have questions. We reserve the right to include only those press releases that are consistent with our editorial positions.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Tuesday December 13, 2016 13:17:16
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.