Companies around the world are working on better ways to manage diabetes. Universities and other research institutions are working on finding a cure for diabetes and its complications. We provide an outlet for press releases from these organizations, so that you can better understand what they're working on.
Press Releases from 2005
25 December 2005
- Congress to Adjourn by Making First-Ever Reduction to Effective CDC Diabetes Prevention Program; Research at NIH Also Cut.
- Novo Nordisk receives subpoena in the US.
18 December 2005
- Johnson & Johnson Announces Definitive Agreement to Acquire Animas Corporation, an Insulin Delivery Company.
- One Key to Healthy Living with Diabetes: Volunteer at a Diabetes Camp and Give Back to Your Diabetes Community.
4 December 2005
- CDA launches tool to help children understand diabetes.
20 November 2005
- Roche Diagnostics Recalls Some of its ACCU-CHEK® Aviva Meters in the U.S. Due to a Potential Electronic Malfunction.
- The insulin pump therapy accessible for all young diabetics: the Quebec Partnership for Diabetes Action's (QPDA) mission.
6 November 2005
- Animas Announces 2005 Diabetes Heroes Winners.
- Joslin Diabetes Center Offers Tips For Living Well with Diabetes.
- MicroIslet to Webcast Presentation at Rodman and Renshaw Techvest Healthcare Conference, November 8. MicroIslet is working on microencapsulated porcine islets to treat insulin-dependent diabetes.
30 October 2005
- Pfizer and Sanofi-Aventis Statement on Status of Exubera®.
23 October 2005
- FDA Approves Levemir® (insulin detemir [rDNA origin] injection) – a new, long-acting insulin treatment for diabetes.
- International Youth Diabetes Leaders Share Best Practices.
16 October 2005
- EXUBERA® receives positive opinion from CHMP for the treatment of type 1 + type 2 diabetes.
- SU chemistry professor develops breakthrough technology for non-invasive, pain-free glucose testing.
- New GlucoBurst(TM), The Fast-acting Glucose Gel in a Revolutionary Packet, Raises Blood Sugar Levels Fast for Diabetics, Hypoglycemics, and Athletes.
9 October 2005
- Joslin Study Sheds Light on Birth Defect Cause in Pregnant Women with Diabetes.
1 October 2005
- Animas Launches the ezSet(TM) Infusion Set.
- DiObex Receives Fast-Track Status From FDA for VLD-Glucagon.
18 September 2005
- FDA Approves NovoLog® (insulin aspart [rDNA origin] injection) for treatment of diabetes in children.
11 September 2005
- Joslin Diabetes Center Offers Back-To-School Tips for Parents Managing a Child with Diabetes.
- Severe Hypoglycemia is Rare After Islet Transplantation.
28 August 2005
- Public is invited to panel on stem cell science, September 20, at the Mission Bay campus of the University of San Francisco.
21 August 2005
- Abbott Receives FDA Clearance To Market Freestyle Connect(TM) Blood Glucose Monitoring System.
- New Imaging Technology Shown to Detect Pancreatic Inflammation in Type 1 Diabetes and Its Reversal in Animal Models.
14 August 2005
- Medtronic Announces FDA Approval Of Real-Time Continuous Glucose Monitoring System.
- Nipro relaunches the Amigo insulin pump.
- Breakthrough Expands Reach of Intensive Insulin Therapy.
7 August 2005
- New Organization Created To Advance Scientific Knowledge And Prevention Of Obesity-chartered By The American Diabetes Association, New Organization Incorporates Shaping America's Youth Program And Partners With The North American Association For The Study.
- Kids Rule When It Comes to Mobile Healthcare: Children with Diabetes Lead the World as Trailblazers for real-world Mobile Healthcare Technology – Diabetech® launches GlucoMESSENGER(TM) nationwide wireless messaging for kids with diabetes.
31 July 2005
- Unique Program For Children Newly Diagnosed With Diabetes To Hold "Encore".
24 July 2005
- Novo Nordisk Launches GlucaGen® HypoKit(TM).
17 July 2005
- Insulin for Life Receives American Diabetes Association's Distinguished Service Award.
- Joslin-Chaired Study Shows New Compound May Reduce Risk of Vision Loss in Patients With Diabetes.
3 July 2005
- Gov. Blagojevich signs law to fund more Diabetes research.
26 June 2005
- Mary Tyler Moore Leads JDRF's Children's Congress to Capitol Hill; Calls for Increased Funding of Diabetes Research and Urges Expansion of Stem Cell Research Policy.
19 June 2005
- Novo Nordisk receives US approval of Levemir® and becomes the first company with a full range of insulin analogues in the US.
- Medtronic Reports New Studies Confirming That Pump Therapy Improves Blood Sugar Control In Pediatric Diabetes Patients.
- Roche Diagnostics Showcases New Accu-Chek® Aviva System At ADA Show.
- Accu-Chek® Multiclix Lancet Device Provides Patients With New Option For Testing.
5 June 2005
- Lilly Announces Winners in Global Awards for Outstanding Achievements in Diabetes Care.
29 May 2005
- Animas Corporation and Nicole Johnson Baker Launch Diabetes Hero Campaign; Distributes Diabetes Heroes Awareness Bracelets to Children Nationwide.
- Inspirational New Book Shows How One Man Found A Way To Live His Dreams With Diabetes Against All Odds.
22 May 2005
- LifeScan Awards Prize For Athletic Achievement.
8 May 2005
- The Education for Children with Diabetes Foundation Announces Scholarships for CWD's 2005 Friends for Life Conference.
- CVS Signs On as Presenting Sponsor of John Ratzenberger's "Newport Under the Stars" Extravaganza.
- June 1st Deadline For Scholarships For Tennis Players With Diabetes.
- American Diabetes Association and Entelos Develop Computer Model for Type 1 Diabetes.
1 May 2005
- Amylin and Lilly Announce FDA Approval of BYETTATM (exenatide) injection. See also the new Byetta.com web site.
- Junior Scientist at Joslin Diabetes Center Earns Two Prestigious Career Development Grants To Study Stem Cells.
24 April 2005
- Diabetech Wireless Diabetes Intervention Technology Goes Global.
17 April 2005
- Entelos & Diabetech Collaborate on Next-Generation Virtual-Loop Technology for Type 1 Diabetes.
- Joslin Diabetes Center Announces New Nutrition Guidelines for People with Type 2 Diabetes or Pre-Diabetes who are Overweight or Obese.
10 April 2005
- Attend a dLife TV Taping.
- New Options For Access To Insurance Offered By Canadian Diabetes Association.
3 April 2005
- Medtronic Expands Educational Support For Improved Diabetes Management.
20 March 2005
- Amylin Pharmaceuticals Announces FDA Approval of SYMLIN(R) for Insulin-Using Type 2 and Type 1 Diabetes.
- Singer Rosanne Cash Appears In Public Service Announcement To Help People With Diabetes -- And Their Loved Ones -- Avoid Complications And Save Lives.
13 March 2005
- dLifeTV - First Diabetes Talk Show - To Premiere On Sunday, March 20.
- dLifeRadio's "dLife Diabetes Minute" Series Premieres On Stations In Over 170 Markets.
- First North American Encapsulated Islet Transplant without Long-term Immune Suppression into a Patient with Type 1 Diabetes.
6 March 2005
- DRI Demonstrates New Approach to Transform Stem Cells Into Insulin-Producing Cells. See also the video from NBC's Today Show about this work.
- Probable Trigger of Kidney Disease in Diabetics Identified.
- Treatment of Sleep Apnea Lowers Glucose Levels in Diabetics.
27 February 2005
- Jefferson Scientists Uncover Potential Trigger of Diabetic Kidney Disease.
- Poor Prenatal Nutrition Permanently Damages Function of Insulin-producing Cells in the Pancreas.
- Ontario Diabetes Action Partnership (ODAP) Seeks More Funding for Diabetic Treatments from Finance Minister Sorbara.
- LCT achieves successful use of its DiaâCell product in preclinical diabetes trial.
13 February 2005
- Barton Center Launches Program for Newly Diagnosed Kids.
6 February 2005
- AYUDA Inc. needs volunteers for Campo Amigo Ecuador 2005.
- Animas Corporation launches the IR 1250 Insulin Infusion Pump, the first insulin pump to store an extensive food database.
- Insulin glargine now available in Canada after three-year wait.
30 January 2005
- Joslin Diabetes Center Scientists Discover 'Master Switch' that Triggers Insulin Resistance and Type 2 Diabetes.
- Bayer HealthCare Diabetes Care Division Announces Winner of 2004 Ascensia Dream Fund(R) Contest.
9 January 2005
- No Blind Mice, Thanks To UF Scientists.
2 January 2005
- Ashley's Bill Enacted In Senate, Signed by Governor Romney.
To have your press release included on this page, please use our Feedback Form. Please be sure to include contact information in case we have questions. We reserve the right to include only those press releases that are consistent with our editorial positions.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Tuesday December 13, 2016 13:17:15
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.