Daily Care News from 2010
29 December 2010
- One year follow-up in a group of half-marathon runners with type-1 diabetes treated with insulin analogues.
- Coping with stress in adolescents with type 1 diabetes and their mothers.
- Hypoglycemia risk and glucose variability indices derived from routine self-monitoring of blood glucose are related to laboratory measures of insulin sensitivity and epinephrine counterregulation.
- Increasing duration of type 1 diabetes perturbs the strength-structure relationship and increases brittleness of bone.
22 December 2010
- Needle Anxiety in Children With Type 1 Diabetes and Their Mothers.
- A combined insulin reduction and carbohydrate feeding strategy 30 min before running best preserves blood glucose concentration after exercise through improved fuel oxidation in type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Self-classification as an adult in patients with type 1 diabetes: Relationships with glycemic control and illness coping.
- Fecundability among women with type 1 and type 2 diabetes in the Norwegian Mother and Child Cohort Study.
15 December 2010
- Survey of Insulin Site Rotation in Youth With Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus.
- Overweight, obesity and features of metabolic syndrome in children with diabetes treated with insulin pump therapy.
- School-based lived experiences of adolescents with type 1 diabetes: a preliminary study.
- Cumulative cost of prescription medication in outpatients with type 1 diabetes in Finland.
- Health inequity in children and youth with chronic health conditions.
8 December 2010
- Clinical Performance of Three Bolus Calculators in Subjects with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus: A Head-to-Head-to-Head Comparison.
- Neurocognitive Differences Between Drivers with Type 1 Diabetes with and without a Recent History of Recurrent Driving Mishaps.
- Prevalence of Tobacco Use and Association between Cardiometabolic Risk Factors and Cigarette Smoking in Youth with Type 1 or Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus.
- Effect of short-term use of a continuous glucose monitoring system with a real-time glucose display and a low glucose alarm on incidence and duration of hypoglycemia in a home setting in type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- The risk factors of ketoacidosis in children with newly diagnosed type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Dose Adjustment for Normal Eating: A qualitative longitudinal exploration of the food and eating practices of type 1 diabetes patients converted to flexible intensive insulin therapy in the UK.
- Glycemic control and perinatal outcomes of pregnancies complicated by type 1 diabetes: influence of continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion and lispro insulin.
- Ovulation rate in adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
1 December 2010
- Multicenter, open-label, nonrandomized, observational safety study in subjects using insulin aspart in basal-bolus regimen for the treatment of diabetes.
- Assessment of physical fitness in children and teenagers with type 1 diabetes.
- Cardiovascular and metabolic outcome in 6-8year old offspring of women with type 1 diabetes with near-optimal glycaemic control during pregnancy.
- Using a Cell Phone-Based Glucose Monitoring System for Adolescent Diabetes Management.
- Menstrual irregularities linked to type 1 diabetes.
24 November 2010
- Parent stress and child behaviour among young children with type 1 diabetes.
- Correspondence related to Sensor-Augmented Insulin-Pump Therapy in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Retrospective study of the maternal, fetal and perinatal outcomes in diabetic women in twenty years of assistance in the Universidade Federal do Triângulo Mineiro School Hospital.
17 November 2010
- Glycemic changes after vitamin D supplementation in patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus and vitamin D deficiency. Free full text available in HTML format.
- Hypoglycemia and safe driving. Free full text available in HTML format.
- Efficacy and Harms of the Hypoglycemic Agent Pramlintide in Diabetes Mellitus. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
10 November 2010
- Metabolic Demand of Driving Among Adults with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus (T1DM).
- Assessing treatment barriers in young adults with type 1 diabetes.
- Bone metabolic abnormalities associated with well-controlled type 1 diabetes (IDDM) in young adult women: a disease complication often ignored or neglected.
- Permanent neonatal diabetes mellitus - the importance of diabetes differential diagnosis in neonates and infants.
3 November 2010
- Skin and subcutaneous adipose layer thickness in adults with diabetes at sites used for insulin injections: implications for needle length recommendations.
- Vitamin D Deficiency and Coronary Artery Calcification in Subjects with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Self-management problem solving for adolescents with type 1 diabetes: Intervention processes associated with an Internet program.
27 October 2010
- Clinical Experience with Insulin Glargine in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Maternal immune system adaptation to pregnancy - a potential influence on the course of diabetic retinopathy.
- Lost in transition? Access to and uptake of adult health services and outcomes for young people with type 1 diabetes in regional New South Wales.
20 October 2010
- Diabetes, insulin treatment, and cancer risk: what is the evidence? Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- AAO: Anti-VEGF Drugs Making Leap to Diabetic Eye Disease.
13 October 2010
- Many patients with Type 1 diabetes estimate their prandial insulin need inappropriately.
- Parental Involvement and Adolescents' Diabetes Management: The Mediating Role of Self-Efficacy and Externalizing and Internalizing Behaviors.
- Assessment of self-reported self-esteem in healthy and diabetic children and adolescents in Greece.
- Improving epinephrine responses in hypoglycemia unawareness with real-time continuous glucose monitoring in adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
- Glycemic control influences lung membrane diffusion and oxygen saturation in exercise-trained subjects with type 1 diabetes : Alveolar-capillary membrane conductance in type 1 diabetes.
- Therapeutic alliance and glycaemic control in type 1 diabetes: A pilot study.
- Congenital anomalies in newborns of women with type 1 diabetes: nationwide population-based study in Norway, 1999 - 2004.
- Prevalence of gastroparesis in type 1 diabetes mellitus and its relationship to dyspeptic symptoms.
6 October 2010
- Long-Term Insulin Pump Treatment in Girls with Type 1 Diabetes and Eating Disorders - Is It Feasible?
- Continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion in Type 1 diabetes: patient experiences of 'living with a machine'.
- Insights from a Large Observational Database of Continuous Glucose Monitoring Adoption, Insulin Pump Usage and Glycemic Control: The CareLink™ Database.
- HbA(1c) and mean blood glucose show stronger associations with cardiovascular disease risk factors than do postprandial glycaemia or glucose variability in persons with diabetes: the A1C-Derived Average Glucose (ADAG) study.
- Cardiovascular fitness and quality of life in adolescents with type 1 or type 2 diabetes.
- The impact of telemedicine interventions involving routine transmission of blood glucose data with clinician feedback on metabolic control in youth with type 1 diabetes: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Ten-Year Change in Vision-Related Quality of Life in Type 1 Diabetes: Wisconsin Epidemiologic Study of Diabetic Retinopathy.
- Menopause in women with type 1 diabetes.
29 September 2010
- Continuous glucose monitoring reduces both hypoglycaemia and HbA(1c) in hypoglycaemia-prone type 1 diabetic patients treated with a portable pump.
- Factors affecting improved glycaemic control in youth using insulin pumps.
- Fear of hypoglycaemia in adults with Type 1 diabetes.
- EASD: Pump Plus Glc Monitor Has Low Hypoglycemia Risk.
- Hypertension is the Metabolic Syndrome Component Most Strongly Associated with Microvascular Complications and Coronary Artery Calcification in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Alexithymia is associated with glycaemic control of children with type 1 diabetes.
- Innovations in Participatory Medicine: The Advent of Do-It-Yourself Blood Glucose Monitoring.
22 September 2010
- Medical Expenditures Associated with Diabetes Acute Complications in Privately-Insured U.S. Youth.
- EASD: Continuous Monitors May Miss Hypoglycemia.
- EASD: Exercise Okay On or Off Pump for T1D Kids.
- Parent Report and Direct Observation of Injection-Related Coping Behaviors in Youth with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Comparison of puberty and psychosocial adjustment between Taiwanese adolescent females with and without diabetes.
- Diabulimia and the role of school health personnel.
- The importance of anti-insulin antibody in patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus treated with continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion or multiple daily insulin injections therapy.
- High prevalence of vitamin D deficiency in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
- Text messaging may increase medical adherence in adolescents with diabetes.
- EASD: Frequent Hypoglycemia Key in Cardiac Risk.
- Menarchal Timing in Type 1 Diabetes through the Last Four Decades.
8 September 2010
- Continuous Glucose Monitoring Reveals Delayed Nocturnal Hypoglycemia After Intermittent High-Intensity Exercise in Nontrained Patients with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Blood glucose levels and performance in a sports cAMP for adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus: a field study.
- Agility in treatment of children with type 1 diabetes - pilot study.
- Gastrointestinal symptoms in type-1 diabetes: Is it all about brain plasticity?
- Microvascular and macrovascular complications in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Overweight, obesity and metabolic syndrome in children with type 1 diabetes melllitus.
- Association of glycaemia with lipids in adults with type 1 diabetes: modification by dyslipidaemia medication.
- Siblings' perceptions of the costs and rewards of diabetes and its treatment.
- Predictors of direct costs of diabetes care in pediatric patients with type 1 diabetes.
- Use of Insulin Pumps in India: Suggested Guidelines Based on Experience and Cultural Differences.
1 September 2010
- Perceived Benefits, Barriers, and Strategies of Family Meals among Children with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus and Their Parents: Focus-Group Findings.
- From Caregiver Psychological Distress to Adolescent Glycemic Control: The Mediating Role of Perceived Burden around Diabetes Management.
- Dental caries and dental care level (restorative index) in children with diabetes mellitus type 1.
- Treatment of patients with diabetic gastroparesis. Free full text available in HTML format.
25 August 2010
- Psychosocial factors associated with use of continuous glucose monitoring.
- Factors associated with increased risk of insulin pump discontinuation in pediatric patients with type 1 diabetes.
- Variables associated with severe hypoglycemia in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes: a population-based study.
- The relationship between the age of onset of type 1 diabetes and the subsequent development of a severe eating disorder by female patients.
- Barriers to achieving targets, risks of hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia in children.
- Insulin pump therapy: indications and risks - Case 7/2010.
- Psychological adjustment of well siblings of children with Type 1 diabetes.
- Effect of the carbohydrate counting method on glycemic control in patients with type 1 diabetes.
18 August 2010
- Sensor-augmented pump therapy from the diagnosis of childhood type 1 diabetes: results of the Paediatric Onset Study (ONSET) after 12 months of treatment.
- Type 1 diabetic drivers with and without a history of recurrent hypoglycemia-related driving mishaps: Physiological and performance differences during euglycemia and the induction of hypoglycemia.
- Antecedent caloric intake and glucose excursion following a subsequent meal in Type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Self-efficacy affects blood sugar control among adolescents with type I diabetes mellitus.
- Oligomenorrhoea in adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus: relationship to glycaemic control.
- Medication Utilization and Annual Health Care Costs in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Before and After Bariatric Surgery. See also Bariatric Surgery Resolves [type 2] Diabetes, Saves Money.
11 August 2010
- Quality of Life Measures in Children and Adults with Type 1 Diabetes: The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Continuous Glucose Monitoring Randomized Trial.
- Premeal injection of rapid-acting insulin reduces postprandial glycemic excursions in type 1 diabetes.
- Basal Insulin Substitution with Glargine or Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion in Adult Type 1 Diabetes Patients-A Randomized Controlled Trial.
- Evaluation of the long-term cost-effectiveness of insulin detemir compared with neutral protamine hagedorn insulin in patients with type 1 diabetes using a basal-bolus regimen in Sweden.
- Glycemic Variability in Inadequately Controlled Type 1 Diabetes and Type 2 Diabetes on Intensive Insulin Therapy: A Cross-Sectional, Observational Study.
4 August 2010
- In the absence of renal disease, 20 year mortality risk in type 1 diabetes is comparable to that of the general population: a report from the Pittsburgh Epidemiology of Diabetes Complications Study.
- Pilot Study for Assessment of Optimal Frequency for Changing Catheters in Insulin Pump Therapy-Trouble Starts on Day 3.
- Nonlinear Metabolic Effect of Insulin across the Blood Glucose Range in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus.
- Bolus Guide: A Novel Insulin Bolus Dosing Decision Support Tool Based on Selection of Carbohydrate Ranges.
- Outpatient-to-Inpatient Transition of Insulin Pump Therapy: Successes and Continuing Challenges.
- Physical activity and sedentary behavior in adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
28 July 2010
- Sensor-Augmented Insulin-Pump Therapy.
- Confirmation of Hypoglycemia in the "dead-in-bed" Syndrome, as Captured by a Retrospective Continuous Glucose Monitoring System, previously reported, now has the full text available in PDF format.
- "Dead in bed": a tragic complication of type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Preventing Post-Exercise Nocturnal Hypoglycemia in Children with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Physical activity in adolescent females with type 1 diabetes.
- Self-efficacy Affects Blood Sugar Control Among Adolescents With Type I Diabetes Mellitus.
- Depression is associated with the metabolic syndrome among patients with type 1 diabetes.
- Thyroid dysfunction in patients with diabetes: clinical implications and screening strategies.
- Estimation of primary care treatment costs and treatment efficacy for people with Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes in the United Kingdom from 1997 to 2007.
21 July 2010
- Fear of hypoglycaemia in parents of young children with type 1 diabetes: a systematic review. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Is exercise a therapeutic tool for improvement of cardiovascular risk factors in adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus? A randomised controlled trial. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- The impact of health insurance coverage on pediatric diabetes management.
- Characterization of 33 488 children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes based on the gender-specific increase of cardiovascular risk factors.
- Gastrointestinal symptoms in adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
- Evaluation of the final stature reached by type 1 diabetes mellitus patients followed at an outsourced service.
- Changes in pulse pressure, heart rate and the pulse pressure x heart rate product during squatting in Type 1 diabetes according to age.
- Atorvastatin has antithrombotic effects in patients with type 1 diabetes and dyslipidemia.
- Insulin Pump Therapy in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Safely Improved Glycemic Control Using a Simple Insulin Dosing Regimen.
14 July 2010
- Medtronic Diabetes offers a summary of Effectiveness of Sensor-Augmented Insulin-Pump Therapy in Type 1 Diabetes (the STAR3 trial) in PDF.
- Many diabetic patients with recurrent severe hypoglycemias hold a valid driving license. A community-based study in insulin-treated patients with diabetes.
- Maturity-onset diabetes of the young (MODY): how many cases are we missing? (PDF).
- Doses Of Insulin And Its Analogues And Cancer Occurrence In Insulin-treated Type 2 Diabetic Patients. See also Higher doses of insulin glargine associated with cancer.
7 July 2010
- The impact of baseline hemoglobin A1c levels prior to initiation of pump therapy on long-term metabolic control.
- Sustained efficacy of continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion in type 1 diabetes subjects with recurrent non-severe and severe hypoglycemia and hypoglycemia unawareness: a pilot study.
- Cost-effectiveness of continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion therapy for type 1 diabetes.
- Continuous glucose monitoring in youth with type 1 diabetes: 12-month follow-up of the juvenile diabetes research foundation continuous glucose monitoring randomized trial.
- Analysis of 24-hour glycemic excursions in patients with type 1 diabetes by using continuous glucose monitoring.
- Interventions With Adherence-Promoting Components in Pediatric Type 1 Diabetes Meta-analysis of their impact on glycemic control.
- Caffeine May Ward Off Exercise-Related Hypoglycemia in Type 1 Diabetes. (Free Medscape membership required to view.)
30 June 2010
- Effectiveness of Sensor-Augmented Insulin-Pump Therapy in Type 1 Diabetes. Free full text available in PDF format. See also Continuous Glucose Monitoring — Coming of Age, also available in PDF format.
- Defining the ideal injection techniques when using 5-mm needles in children and adults.
- Effects of Glutamine on Glycemic Control During and After Exercise in Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus (T1DM): a Pilot Study.
23 June 2010
- The mediating role of extreme peer orientation in the relationships between adolescent-parent relationship and diabetes management.
- Health-related quality of life (HRQoL) of children with type 1 diabetes mellitus (T1DM): self and parental perceptions.
- Depressive symptoms and unmet psychological needs of Dutch youth with type 1 diabetes: results of a web-survey.
- Does diabetes-related distress explain the presence of depressive symptoms and/or poor self-care in individuals with Type 1 diabetes?
- What do Youth with Type 1 Diabetes Know about the HbA1c Test?
- Is bedtime supper necessary for older children with diabetes using glargine insulin in multiple daily injection regimens?
- Influence of the treatment with continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion (CSII) in the improvement of the quality of life of patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Frequency of biochemical hypoglycaemia in adults with Type 1 diabetes with and without impaired awareness of hypoglycaemia: no identifiable differences using continuous glucose monitoring.
16 June 2010
- Dose adjustment for normal eating (DAFNE) - an audit of outcomes in Australia.
- An update on the treatment of type 1 and type 2 diabetes mellitus: focus on insulin detemir, a long-acting human insulin analog. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Polyendocrinopathy in children, adolescents and young adults with type 1 diabetes. A multicenter analysis of 28,671 patients from the German/Austrian DPV-Wiss-database.
- Isomaltulose Improves Post-Exercise Glycemia by Reducing CHO Oxidation in T1DM.
9 June 2010
- Immunogenicity of different brands of human insulin and rapid-acting insulin analogs in insulin-naïve children with type 1 diabetes.
- Basal Insulin Requirements on Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion During the First 12 Months After Diagnosis of Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus.
- Relationship between nutrition factors and glycemic control in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Practical Considerations in the Use of Real-Time Continuous Glucose Monitoring Alerts.
- A focus on blood glucose monitoring: relation to glycemic control and determinants of frequency.
- Perceived family burden and emotional distress: similarities and differences between mothers and fathers of children with type 1 diabetes in a population-based study.
2 June 2010
- Enhanced Algorithm for glucose estimation using the Continuous Glucose Monitoring System.
- Relationship hypertension-microalbuminuria in type 1 diabetes.
- Comparison of pharmacodynamic intrasubject variability of insulin lispro protamine suspension and insulin glargine in subjects with type 1 diabetes.
- Long-term mortality and retinopathy in type 1 diabetes.
- A multi-disciplinary education process related to the discharging of children from hospital when the child has been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes - a qualitative study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
26 May 2010
- Mixing Insulin Aspart With Detemir Does Not Affect Glucose Excursion In Children With Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus.
- Adherence challenges in the management of type 1 diabetes in adolescents: prevention and intervention.
- Insufficient long-term glycemic control is associated with multifocal ERG defects in adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Oral Health Knowledge and Behaviors among Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Blood glucose responses to reductions in pre-exercise rapid-acting insulin for 24 h after running in individuals with type 1 diabetes.
- QT interval prolongation during spontaneous episodes of hypoglycaemia in type 1 diabetes: the impact of heart rate correction.
- A randomised controlled trial of cognitive behaviour therapy and motivational interviewing for people with Type 1 diabetes mellitus with persistent sub-optimal glycaemic control: a Diabetes and Psychological Therapies (ADaPT) study.
- Excess Health Care Costs of Obesity in Adults with Diabetes Mellitus: a Claims Data Analysis.
19 May 2010
- Neurocognitive functioning in preschool-age children with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Three-year follow up of metabolic control in adolescents with type 1 diabetes with and without eating disorders.
- Breastfeeding patterns of mothers with type 1 diabetes: results from an infant feeding trial.
- Psychological adjustment to diabetes mellitus: highlighting self-integration and self-regulation.
12 May 2010
- Responsibility Sharing between Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes and Their Caregivers: Importance of Adolescent Perceptions on Diabetes Management and Control.
- Shared and individual medical appointments for children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes; differences in topics discussed?
- Carbohydrate counting improves coping ability and metabolic control in patients with Type 1 Diabetes managed by Group Care.
- Racial Disparity in A1C Independent of Mean Blood Glucose in Children With Type 1 Diabetes. See also Diabetes test may fail black children.
- Risks of marathon running and hypoglycaemia in Type 1 diabetes.
- Occurrence of microalbuminuria in young people with Type 1 diabetes: importance of age and diabetes duration.
- Bone status in adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
- Physical Activity and Electronic Media Use in The SEARCH for Diabetes in Youth Case-Control Study.
5 May 2010
- Blood Glucose Monitoring and Glycemic Control in Adolescence: Contribution of Diabetes-Specific Responsibility and Family Conflict.
- Relation of fasting and postprandial and plasma glucose with hemoglobinA1c in diabetics. Free full text available in HTML format.
- Cumulative risk, age at onset and sex-specific differences for developing end-stage renal disease in young patients with type 1 diabetes. A nationwide population based cohort study.
- Glycemic control and cardiovascular disease in 7454 patients with type 1 diabetes: an observational study from the Swedish National Diabetes Register (NDR).
- Skin and subcutaneous adipose layer thickness in adults with diabetes at sites used for insulin injections: implications for needle length recommendations.
- Glycemic control in children with Type 1 diabetes in Wales: the influence of the Pediatric Diabetes Specialist Nurse.
- Redefining relationships and identity in young adults with type 1 diabetes.
- Supporting parents of very young children with type 1 diabetes: Results from a pilot study.
- Survival of patients with type 1 diabetes on renal replacement therapy in 1980-2007.
- Exenatide Affected Circulating Cardiovascular Risk Biomarkers Independently Of Changes In Body Composition.
28 April 2010
- Age-Related Differences in the Frequency of Ketoacidosis at Diagnosis of Type 1 Diabetes in Children and Adolescents.
- New insulin analogues and perioperative care of patients with type 1 diabetes.
- Factors Associated With Cesarean Delivery in Nulliparous Women With Type 1 Diabetes. See also Weight Plays Part in C-Section in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Perception of the impact of type 1 diabetes on low-income families.
21 April 2010
- Comparison of the clinical information provided by the FreeStyle Navigator continuous interstitial glucose monitor versus traditional blood glucose readings.
- Equal metabolic control but superior caregiver treatment satisfaction with insulin aspart in preschool children.
- Long-term biomedical and psychosocial outcomes following DAFNE (Dose Adjustment For Normal Eating) structured education to promote intensive insulin therapy in adults with sub-optimally controlled Type 1 diabetes.
14 April 2010
- Improving glycaemic control in children and adolescents: which aspects of therapy really matter?
- Temporal patterns in overweight and obesity in Type 1 diabetes.
- Effect of carbohydrate counting and medical nutritional therapy on glycaemic control in Type 1 diabetic subjects: a pilot study.
- Adolescents with type 1 diabetes and risky behaviour.
- Computer's use, free time activities and metabolic control in patients with type 1 diabetes.
- Pregnancy-induced sight-threatening diabetic retinopathy in women with Type 1 diabetes.
- Detection of Surreptitious Administration of Analog Insulin to an 8-Week-Old Infant.
- Prime-Time Hypoglycemia: Factitious Hypoglycemia During Insulin-Pump Therapy.
- Early Risk Factors for Nonadherence in Pediatric Type 1 Diabetes: A Review of the Recent Literature.
7 April 2010
- Estimated average glucose and self-monitored mean blood glucose are discordant estimates of glycemic control.
- Partial sleep restriction decreases insulin sensitivity in type 1 diabetes.
- Glycemic Control, Coping, and Internalizing and Externalizing Symptoms in Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes: A Cross-Lagged Longitudinal Approach.
- Glycemic Control in Pediatric Type 1 Diabetes: Role of Caregiver Literacy.
- Psychosocial well-being and functional outcomes in youth with type 1 diabetes 12 years after disease onset.
- The Structure of Parental Involvement and Relations to Disease Management for Youth with Type 1 Diabetes.
31 March 2010
- Use of continuous glucose monitoring in young children with type 1 diabetes: implications for behavioral research.
- Frequency of SMBG correlates with HbA1c and acute complications in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
- Predictors of metabolic control in children with Type 1 diabetes: The impact of Hurricane Katrina in a prospective study.
- Optimal timing of insulin detemir injection in patients with type 1 diabetes and poor metabolic control.
- Dental caries and adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
- Verbal and academic skills in children with early-onset type 1 diabetes.
- Diabetic mothers and their newborn infants - rooming-in and neonatal morbidity.
- Perceived Access to Contraception Among Adolescents With Diabetes: Barriers to Preventing Pregnancy Complications.
- Effect on carbohydrate metabolism and analysis of acceptability (menstrual cycle control) of extended regimens of the vaginally inserted hormone-releasing system 'NuvaRing' as compared with the standard 21/7 regime in reproductive-age women with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
24 March 2010
- The Cost-Effectiveness of Continuous Glucose Monitoring in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Relation of stressful life events to metabolic control among adolescents with diabetes: 5-year longitudinal study.
- The shape of the metabolic memory of HbA(1c): re-analysing the DCCT with respect to time-dependent effects.
- The Role of Adjunctive Exenatide Therapy in Pediatric Type 1 Diabetes.
17 March 2010
- Parental Involvement Buffers Associations Between Pump Duration and Metabolic Control among Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Overweight Is Highly Prevalent In Children with Type 1 Diabetes And Associates with Cardiometabolic Risk.
- Clinical effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion for diabetes: systematic review and economic evaluation.
- Association between metabolic control and oral health in adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Diabetic ketoacidosis at diagnosis in Austrian children in 1989-2008: a population-based analysis.
- Insulin pump therapy in moslem patients with type 1 diabetes during ramadan fasting: an observational report.
- Continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion versus multiple daily injections in pregnant women with type 1 diabetes.
- Asymmetric Large-for-Gestational-Age Infants of Type 1 Diabetic Women: Morbidity and Abdominal Growth.
10 March 2010
- Prolonged Nocturnal Hypoglycemia Is Common During 12 Months Of Continuous Glucose Monitoring In Children And Adults With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Prevention of Nocturnal Hypoglycemia Using Predictive Alarm Algorithms and Insulin Pump Suspension.
- Variation of Interstitial Glucose Measurements Assessed by Continuous Glucose Monitors in Healthy, Non-obese, Non-diabetic Individuals.
- Evaluation of an Algorithm to Guide Patients with Type I Diabetes Treated with Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion (CSII) on How to Respond to Real-Time Continuous Glucose Levels- A Randomised Control Trial.
- Renal Doppler indices in diabetic children with insulin resistance syndrome.
- Metabolic Control, Self-care Behaviors, and Parenting in Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes: A Correlational Study.
- Executive Functioning, Treatment Adherence, and Glycemic Control in Children with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Bilateral carpal tunnel syndrome in a child with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
3 March 2010
- Use of insulin glargine throughout pregnancy in 102 women with type 1 diabetes.
- Long-acting insulin analogs and the risk of diabetic ketoacidosis in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
- Racial Disparity in Hemoglobin A1c Independent of Mean Blood Glucose in Children with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Health related quality of life, treatment satisfaction and costs associated with intraperitoneal versus subcutaneous insulin administration in type 1 diabetes. A randomized controlled trial.
- Development of an Internet Coping Skills Training Program for Teenagers With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Characteristics of self-regulation in adolescent girls with Type 1 diabetes with and without eating disorders: A cross-sectional study.
- Brief Report: Trajectories of Glycemic Control over Early to Middle Adolescence.
- Age at onset and the risk of proliferative retinopathy in type 1 diabetes.
- Relationship of blood pressure to retinal vessel diameter in type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Antioxidant enzyme activities and DNA damage in children with type 1 diabetes mellitus after 12 weeks of exercise.
- Down's syndrome in diabetic patients aged <20 years: an analysis of metabolic status, glycaemic control and autoimmunity in comparison with type 1 diabetes.
- Insulin Usage with the Risk of Cancer in Type 2 Diabetes – the Hong Kong Diabetes Registry.
24 February 2010
- Alarm Characterization for Continuous Glucose Monitors Used as Adjuncts to Self-Monitoring of Blood Glucose.
- Alarm Characterization for a Continuous Glucose Monitor That Replaces Traditional Blood Glucose Monitoring.
- Telehealth Behavior Therapy for the Management of Type 1 Diabetes in Adolescents.
- Normal-range albuminuria does not exclude nephropathy in diabetic children.
- Efficacy of low-dose oral sulodexide in the management of diabetic nephropathy.
17 February 2010
- Timing of meal insulin boluses to achieve optimal postprandial glycemic control in patients with type 1 diabetes.
- The use of Rapid-Acting insulin Analogs in Basal-Bolus Regimens in type 1 Diabetes.
- The early pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic effects of mixing lispro with glargine insulin: results of glucose clamp studies in youth with type 1 diabetes.
- Effect Of Prior Intensive Insulin Treatment During The Diabetes Control And Complications Trial (DCCT) On Peripheral Neuropathy In Type 1 Diabetes During The Epidemiology Of Diabetes Interventions, And Complications (EDIC) Study.
- Effect of Prior Intensive Therapy in Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus on 10-year Progression of Retinopathy in the DCCT/EDIC: Comparison of Adults and Adolescents.
- Hemoglobin A1c is a reliable criterion for diagnosing type 1 diabetes in childhood and adolescence.
10 February 2010
- Measurement delay associated with the Guardian(R) RT continuous glucose monitoring system.
- Fear of hypoglycaemia in mothers and fathers of children with Type 1 diabetes is associated with poor glycaemic control and parental emotional distress: a population-based study.
- Advanced glycation end products assessed by skin autofluorescence in type 1 diabetics are associated with nephropathy, but not retinopathy.
- Association between glycated haemoglobin and the risk of lower extremity amputation in patients with diabetes mellitus-review and meta-analysis.
- Long-Term Results of Gastric Bypass Surgery in Morbidly Obese Type 1 Diabetes Patients.
3 February 2010
- Timing of bolus in children with type 1 diabetes using continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion (TiBoDi Study).
- Comparison of the post-meal glucose response to different insulin bolus waveforms in insulin pump- and pre-meal pramlintide-treated type 1 diabetes patients.
- Insulin-sensitivity response to a single bout of resistive exercise in type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Effect of Insulin Analogs on the Decline of Hemoglobin in Diabetic Patients with Nephropathy.
27 January 2010
- Correlates of Insulin Injection Omission. See also 57% of diabetics occasionally skip insulin shots on purpose.
- Hemoglobin glycation index: a robust measure of hemoglobin A1c bias in pediatric type 1 diabetes patients.
- Continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion (CSII) versus multiple insulin injections for type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Attitudes towards insulin pump therapy among adolescents and young people.
- Siphon Effects on Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion Pump Delivery Performance (PDF). See also Changes in the Position of Conventional Insulin Pumps Shown to Significantly Impact Accuracy of Insulin Delivery.
- Continuous Glucose Monitoring during Exercise in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes on Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion (PDF).
- Individuals Achieve More Accurate Results with Meters That Are Codeless and Employ Dynamic Electrochemistry (PDF).
- Prevalence of Increased Arterial Stiffness in Children with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus Differs by Measurement Site and Sex: The SEARCH for Diabetes in Youth Study.
- Risk Factors Associated with Depressive Symptoms in Caregivers of Children with Type 1 Diabetes or Cystic Fibrosis.
- Glycemic control and selected pregnancy outcomes in type 1 diabetes women on continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion and multiple daily injections: the significance of pregnancy planning.
20 January 2010
- Skipping Meals or Carbohydrate-Free Meals in Order to Determine Basal Insulin Requirements in Subjects with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus?
- Comparison of Insulin Detemir and Insulin Glargine on Glycemic Variability in Patients with Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes.
- Utility of immediate hemoglobin A1c in children with type I diabetes mellitus.
- When to treat a diabetic patient using an external insulin pump. Expert consensus. Société francophone du diabète (ex ALFEDIAM) 2009.
- Medicine and Judaism--a patient is forbidden to endanger his life in order to fast on Yom Kippur.
13 January 2010
- The dual-wave bolus feature in type 1 diabetes adult users of insulin pumps.
- How Much Do I Give? Reevaluation of Insulin Dosing Estimation Formulas Using Continuous Glucose Monitoring.
- Euglycemic infusion of insulin detemir compared to human insulin appears to increase direct current brain potential response and reduces food intake while inducing similar systemic effects.
- The use of metformin in type 1 diabetes: a systematic review of efficacy.
- Maternal overweight and pregnancy outcome in women with Type-1 diabetes mellitus and different degrees of nephropathy.
- Stress among fathers of young children with type 1 diabetes.
- The "Cough Trick," a Brief Strategy to Manage Pediatric Pain From Immunization Injections.
6 January 2010
- Comparison of the dose accuracy of prefilled insulin pens.
- Coordinated Basal-bolus infusion for tighter postprandial glucose control in insulin pump therapy.
- Could oral antidiabetic agents be useful in the management of different types of diabetes and syndromes of insulin resistance in children and adolescents?
- Self-Monitoring of Blood Glucose in Type 1 Diabetes Patients with Insufficient Metabolic Control: Focused Self-Monitoring of Blood Glucose Intervention Can Lower Glycated Hemoglobin A1C.
- The narrative-autobiographical approach in the group education of adolescents with diabetes: A qualitative research on its effects.
- Incidence of Treatment for End-Stage Renal Disease Among Individuals With Diabetes in the U.S. Continues to Decline. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
[ Current Daily Care News | News from 2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 ]
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Monday January 02, 2017 14:30:12
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.