Celiac News from 2018
26 December 2018
Effects of Whole and Malted Quinoa Flour Addition on Gluten-Free Muffins Quality.
Growth changes after gluteen free diet in pediatric celiac patients: a literature-review.
Gluten Immunogenic Peptides as Standard for the Evaluation of Potential Harmful Prolamin Content in Food and Human Specimen. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
19 December 2018
- The Dietary Intervention of Transgenic Low-Gliadin Wheat Bread in Patients with Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity (NCGS) Showed No Differences with Gluten Free Diet (GFD) but Provides Better Gut Microbiota Profile. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Celiac Disease Diagnosed through Screening Programs in At-Risk Adults Is Not Associated with Worse Adherence to the Gluten-Free Diet and Might Protect from Osteopenia/Osteoporosis. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Oat safety for celiac disease patients: theoretical analysis correlates adverse symptoms in clinical studies to contaminated study oats.
- Anti-transglutaminase antibody in adults with celiac disease and their relation to the presence and duration of gluten-free diet.
- Metabolic Alterations in Celiac Disease Occurring after Following a Gluten-Free Diet.
- More millennials navigating life with celiac disease.
12 December 2018
- Celiac Disease: A Review of Current Concepts in Pathogenesis, Prevention, and Novel Therapies. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Are Gluten-Free Diets More Nutritious? An Evaluation of Self-Selected and Recommended Gluten-Free and Gluten-Containing Dietary Patterns. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
5 December 2018
- Quality of life in celiac disease and the effect of gluten-free diet. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Probiotics in Celiac Disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- 'The best day of our lives — the day our son got diagnosed with Celiac disease,' said Sean Davis of Davis Feed & Farm Supply Ltd.
- Celiac disease may be treated with cystic fibrosis drugs. See also A pathogenic role for cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator in celiac disease.
- Celiac patients navigate holidays' gluten minefield.
28 November 2018
- The Relationship between Body Composition and a Gluten Free Diet in Children with Celiac Disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Gluten-Free Diet in Celiac Disease-Forever and for All? Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Comparison of non-invasive tests with invasive tests in the diagnosis of celiac disease.
- The 11 Best Gluten-Free Cookbooks Out There.
21 November 2018
- Tissue transglutaminase autoantibodies in children with newly diagnosed type 1 diabetes are related to human leukocyte antigen but not to islet autoantibodies: A Swedish nationwide prospective population-based cohort study.
- Sex Difference in Celiac Disease in Undiagnosed Populations - a Systematic Review and Meta-Analsysis.
- Beneficial Effect of Oligofructose-Enriched Inulin on Vitamin D and E Status in Children with Celiac Disease on a Long-Term Gluten-Free Diet: A Preliminary Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Nutritional Intervention Study.
- Possible Prevention of Diabetes with a Gluten-Free Diet. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- A Retrospective Study on Dietary FODMAP Intake in Celiac Patients Following a Gluten-Free Diet. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Why You Don’t Want to Cut Out Gluten Before Testing for Celiac Disease.
13 November 2018
- Prevalence of Celiac Disease in a Long-Term Study of a Spanish At-Genetic-Risk Cohort from the General Population.
- Motility Disorders in Celiac Disease and Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity: The Impact of a Gluten-Free Diet. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- The Handbook of Minerals on a Gluten-Free Diet. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Canadian packaged gluten-free foods are less nutritious than their regular gluten-containing counterparts.
- First Insights into the Gut Microbiota of Mexican Patients with Celiac Disease and Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Contribution of HLA-DQ2/DQ8 haplotypes in type one diabetes patients with/without celiac disease.
7 November 2018
- Cigarette smoking and risk of celiac disease: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Celiac Disease and Celiac Antibodies in DM1 Patients: When Are Screening and Biopsy Recommended?
- Vaccine Now Under Trial Could Allow People to Eat Gluten Again.
31 October 2018
- Disordered eating behaviors in adolescents with celiac disease.
- How the growing gluten-free landscape affects those with celiac disease.
- Is gluten-free restaurant food really gluten-free? New study finds that might not be the case.
24 October 2018
- Screening for coeliac disease in 1624 mainly asymptomatic children with type 1 diabetes: is genotyping for coeliac-specific human leucocyte antigen the right approach?
- Dental and oral manifestations of celiac disease. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Prevalence of Chronic Liver Disease Among the Patients of Celiac Disease and Effect of Gluten-Free Diet on Outcome of Liver Disease: A Prospective Study.
- Your favorite gluten-free restaurant might be lying to you.
- Montville's Hilldale Elementary Students Learn About Celiac Disease.
19 October 2018
- Prevalence and Clinical Features of Celiac Disease in Healthy School-Aged Children.
10 October 2018
- A Review on the Gluten-Free Diet: Technological and Nutritional Challenges. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Anxiety after coeliac disease diagnosis predicts mucosal healing: a population-based study.
- Adherence to Gluten-Free Diet in Children with Celiac Disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Social and Emotional Fears and Worries Influencing the Quality of Life of Female Celiac Disease Patients Following a Gluten-Free Diet. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Baker’s alleged confession about gluten-free lie enrages celiac patients.
- A Complete Guide To Gluten-Free Baking.
3 October 2018
- Type 1 diabetes vaccine being harnessed from celiac disease research.
- Radio segment cause for concern for people with celiac disease.
26 September 2018
- Download our list of gluten free candy in time for Halloween.
- Long-term health and treatment outcomes in adult coeliac disease patients diagnosed by screening in childhood. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Cross-Contamination with Gluten by Using Kitchen Utensils: Fact or Fiction?
- Evaluation of a Handheld Gluten Detection Device.
19 September 2018
- An Overview of Celiac Disease in Childhood Type 1 Diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Incidence and Risk of Celiac Disease after Type 1 Diabetes: A Population-Based Cohort Study Using The Health Improvement Network Database.
- Systematic Literature Review of the Economic Burden of Celiac Disease.
- Gluten-Free Diet: From Development to Assessment of a Check-List Designed for the Prevention of Gluten Cross-Contamination in Food Services. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- A Mom's Guide to Type 1 Diabetes + Celiac (Toaster In Tow).
- Gluten-Free Food Labels Aren’t As Accurate As You May Think.
- We wheat again: Navigating celiac disease in a world of gluten.
- A disease millions have and even more don't know it.
12 September 2018
- Endocrine complications of celiac disease: a case report and review of the literature.
- A systematic review and meta-regression of the knowledge, practices, and training of restaurant and food service personnel toward food allergies and Celiac disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- For college students with celiac disease, struggle is about more than just saying no to a beer.
5 September 2018
- For celiac students, dining on campus is a challenge.
29 August 2018
- Are the dietary habits of treated individuals with celiac disease adherent to a Mediterranean diet?
- How To Tell If You Have Celiac Disease Or A Gluten Intolerance.
22 August 2018
- Contribution of Oral Hygiene and Cosmetics on Contamination of Gluten-Free Diet: Do Celiac Customers Need to Worry About?
15 August 2018
- Celiac Autoimmunity is Associated with Lower Blood Pressure and Renal Risk in Type 1 Diabetes.
- A Low FODMAP Gluten-Free Diet Improves Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders and Overall Mental Health of Celiac Disease Patients: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Information for Schools.
- Made in Idaho: Boise mother uses experience with celiac disease to create the Jete bar.
8 August 2018
- Glycemic control and microvascular complications in adults with type 1 diabetes and long-lasting treated celiac disease: a case-control study.
- Gluten intake and risk of type 2 diabetes in three large prospective cohort studies of US men and women.
1 August 2018
- Interplay between Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus and Celiac Disease: Implications in Treatment. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- MyHealthyGut: development of a theory-based self-regulatory app to effectively manage celiac disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Autoimmune and Allergic Disorders are More Common in People With Celiac Disease or on a Gluten-free Diet in the United States.
- In Screening For Celiac Disease, Deamidated Gliadin Rarely Predicts Disease When Tissue Transglutaminase Is Normal.
- The Effect of Gluten-Free Diet on Thyroid Autoimmunity in Drug-Naïve Women with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis: A Pilot Study.
25 July 2018
- The Nutritional Quality of Gluten-Free Products for Children. Free full text available in PDF format. See also Gluten-Free Kids' Foods Fall Short on Nutrition.
- Effects of age of diagnosis and dietary compliance on growth parameters of patients with celiac disease. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Detection of asymptomatic celiac disease in two siblings from a mother with non-celiac gluten sensitivity. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Long-term follow-up in adults with coeliac disease: Predictors and effect on health outcomes.
- This Is What Gluten-Free Experts Actually Eat Every Day.
- Girl pens book about her battle with celiac disease.
19 July 2018
- Vaccine Immunotherapy for Celiac Disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Psychiatric Comorbidity in Children and Adults with Gluten-Related Disorders: A Narrative Review. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
4 July 2018
- Clinical intervention using Bifidobacterium strains in celiac disease children reveals novel microbial modulators of TNF-α and short-chain fatty acids.
- Screening for autoimmune thyroiditis and celiac disease in minority children with type 1 diabetes.
27 June 2018
- Wheat Intolerance and Chronic Gastrointestinal Symptoms in an Australian Population-based Study: Association Between Wheat Sensitivity, Celiac Disease and Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders.
- Office-Based Point of Care Testing (IgA/IgG-Deamidated Gliadin Peptide) for Celiac Disease.
20 June 2018
- Dietary Intake and Micronutrient Supplementation in Youth with Celiac Disease with and without Type 1 Diabetes.
- Low Rates of Screening for Celiac Disease Among Family Members.
- Diagnostic Accuracy of Point of Care Tests for Diagnosing Celiac Disease: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.
- Children with untreated coeliac disease have sub-clinical cardiac dysfunction: a longitudinal observational analysis.
- Reproductive life in women with celiac disease; a nationwide, population-based matched cohort study.
13 June 2018
- Seasonality of birth affects paediatric coeliac disease.
- Delayed celiac disease diagnosis predisposes to reduced quality of life and incremental use of health care services and medicines: A prospective nationwide study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Celiac Patients Who Accidentally Ingest Gluten May Get Relief from New Medication.
- Detection and quantitation of immunogenic epitopes related to celiac disease in historical and modern hard red spring wheat cultivars. See also Don't Blame Wheat Breeding For Celiac, Gluten Sensitivity.
6 June 2018
- Oxidative and Antioxidative Status of Children with Celiac Disease Treated with a Gluten Free-Diet. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Coeliac screening in a high-risk population: paediatric type 1 diabetes-a review of current guidelines and practice.
- 'Eating just made me sicker': Why celiac disease is such a frustrating diagnosis.
23 May 2018
- Dietitian visits were a safe and cost-effective form of follow-up care for children with celiac disease.
- Link Between Celiac Disease and Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
- Beyond Irritable Bowel Syndrome: The Efficacy of the Low Fodmap Diet for Improving Symptoms in Inflammatory Bowel Diseases and Celiac Disease.
- Experimental drug eases effects of gluten for celiac patients on gluten-free diet.
- My Favorite Places to Get Low Carb, Gluten Free Dinner Recipes.
16 May 2018
- Elevated anti-tissue transglutaminase antibodies in children newly diagnosed with type 1 diabetes do not always indicate celiac disease.
- Gluten-free living in China: The characteristics, food choices and difficulties in following a gluten-free diet - An online survey.
- Starbucks blasted for dumping gluten-free sandwich.
9 May 2018
- Daily Intake of Milk Powder and Risk of Celiac Disease in Early Childhood: A Nested Case-Control Study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Traveling on a gluten-free diet doesn't have to suck — here's how to make it work for you.
2 May 2018
- The Effect of Depressive Symptoms on the Association between Gluten-Free Diet Adherence and Symptoms in Celiac Disease: Analysis of a Patient Powered Research Network. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Clinical and Microbiological Effect of a Multispecies Probiotic Supplementation in Celiac Patients With Persistent IBS-type Symptoms: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-controlled, Multicenter Trial.
- Ten years of follow-up of the Spanish cohort of the European PreventCD study: the lessons learned. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Celiac Disease: How Much Gluten is Unintentionally Consumed on a Gluten-Free Diet?
- Celiac Disease is more than just a trend.
25 April 2018
- Increased prevalence of pathogenic bacteria in the gut microbiota of infants at risk of developing celiac disease: the PROFICEL study.
- Risk of Fractures in Youths with Celiac Disease-A Population-Based Study.
- Alterations of Inflammatory and Matrix Production Indices in Celiac Disease With Low Bone Mass on Long-term Gluten-free Diets.
- Development of gluten-free fish (Pseudoplatystoma corruscans) patties by response surface methodology.
- Why would oats need a ‘gluten-free’ label?
18 April 2018
- Antibody Concentrations Decrease 14-fold in Children With Celiac Disease on a Gluten-free Diet but Remain High at 3 Months.
- Gluten-free-rendered products contribute to imbalanced diets in children and adolescents with celiac disease.
- Influence of low FODMAP and gluten-free diets on disease activity and intestinal microbiota in patients with non-celiac gluten sensitivity.
- The Dilemma of the Gluten-Free Diet.
4 April 2018
- Obesogenic habits among children and their families in response to initiation of gluten-free diet.
- 9 myths about celiac disease you need to stop believing.
- When Going Gluten-Free is Not Enough: New Tests Detect Hidden Exposure.
- 10 best gluten-free vodka brands.
28 March 2018
- Blood iron levels in accordance with adherence to a gluten-free diet in celiac school aged children.
- Extraintestinal manifestations were common in children with celiac disease and were more prevalent in patients with more severe clinical and histological presentation.
21 March 2018
- Translational Chemistry Meets Gluten‐Related Disorders. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Assessment of Mycotoxin Exposure in Breastfeeding Mothers with Celiac Disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- This Is What It’s Really Like to Have a Kid with Celiac Disease.
14 March 2018
- Determination of gluten consumption in celiac disease patients on a gluten-free diet.
- Fructans Suspect in Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity.
- How Cheese, Wheat and Alcohol Shaped Human Evolution.
7 March 2018
- Increased prevalence of disordered eating in the dual diagnosis of type 1 diabetes mellitus and celiac disease.
- Dietary Factors and Mucosal Immune Response in Celiac Disease Patients Having Persistent Symptoms Despite a Gluten-free Diet.
- Early fecal microbiota composition in children who later develop celiac disease and associated autoimmunity.
28 February 2018
- Safety of Oats in Children with Celiac Disease: A Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Trial.
- Dietary Patterns After the Weaning and Lactation Period Associate with Celiac Disease Autoimmunity in Children.
- Gut microbiota trajectory in early life may predict development of celiac disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Endoplasmic reticulum–resident protein 57 (ERp57) oxidatively inactivates human transglutaminase 2. See also Looking for an off switch for celiac disease, Researchers discover a new enzyme that treats celiac disease, and Researchers Discover Protein Activity That Could Treat Gluten Intolerance and Celiac Disease.
21 February 2018
- Outcome measures in coeliac disease trials: the Tampere recommendations. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- 10 Things I Wish My Doctor Had Told Me About Being on a Gluten-Free Diet.
- The Find Me Gluten Free app will help you find gluten free food near you.
14 February 2018
- Gluten-free diet may improve obstructive sleep apnea-related symptoms in children with celiac disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- The Gluten Project Is a Search Engine For Finding GFCO-Certified Gluten-Free Products.
7 February 2018
- Hypervigilance to a Gluten-Free Diet and Decreased Quality of Life in Teenagers and Adults with Celiac Disease.
- Creation of Experience-based Celiac Benchmarks - The First Step in Pre-Transition Self-Management Assessment.
- Histologic recovery among children with celiac disease on a gluten-free diet. A long-term follow-up single-center experience. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- 'It's a diagnosis, not a choice': What is celiac disease?
- Gluten-free diet exclusively during pregnancy alleviates the signs of diabetes and celiac disease in NOD mouse offspring.
- Randomized Double-Blind Placebo-Controlled Crossover Trial for the Diagnosis of Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity in Children.
31 January 2018
- The Impact of Thyroid Autoimmunity on Thyroid Function in 12-year-old Children With Celiac Disease.
24 January 2018
- Celiac antibodies in children with type 1 diabetes - A diagnostic validation study.
- Rate and determinants of non-adherence to a gluten-free diet and nutritional status assessment in children and adolescents with celiac disease in a tertiary Brazilian referral center: a cross-sectional and retrospective study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Party City Apologizes For Ad That Calls Gluten-Free People â€˜Grossâ€™.
- Stop the Bullying: A Response to Party City's Commercial.
10 January 2018
- Long term effects of gluten-free diet in non-celiac wheat sensitivity.
- 7 Things I Love About Having Celiac Disease.
- Celiac in Paris.
3 January 2018
- Making All Medications Gluten-free.
- Adherence to the gluten free diet and health related quality of life in an ethnically diverse pediatric population with Celiac Disease.
Current Celiac News |
Last Updated: Wednesday December 26, 2018 18:39:40
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.