Surgery from 2002
- Is it standard procedure for people with diabetes to be given antibiotics prior to their operations? (10 Oct 2002)
- My 19 year old daughter, who has type 1 diabetes, has been approved for gastric bypass surgery, and I have several questions. (8 Sep 2002)
- Is tonsillectomy a surgery older people with diabetes should avoid? How will they monitor my blood sugars? (25 Jul 2002)
- My son is scheduled to have orthopedic surgery in the afternoon. How do we handle his treatment? (28 Jun 2002)
- My mom is scheduled to have a complete hysterectomy, and I am nervous because she has diabetes. (27 Jun 2002)
- How I can assist speedy recovery from the hip operation I am due to undergo? (27 Jun 2002)
- I have several medical problems, I'm scheduled for surgery, and my sugar is crazy. (8 Jun 2002)
- I have questions about the benefits of liposuction and/or stomach stapling. (1 Jun 2002)
- I am trying to gather information liposuction in people with type 1 diabetes to help alleviate the build up of scar tissue over the years. (1 Mar 2002)
- I am wondering what the complications of anesthesia are, if any, for child with diabetes. What about giving insulin, and eating? What should I be aware of? (17 Feb 2002)
- My mother-in-law's type 2 diabetes was controlled quite well with diet up until six months ago, when she had heart surgery after which she developed MRSA. (14 Jan 2002)
Topical Index |
Current Surgery Questions |
Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:08:52
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.