Research: Causes and Prevention from 2004
- Is it possible that my son's diagnosis with type 1 at age six is related to the AIDS preventive therapy he took at age two? (28 Dec 2004)
- Is there any connection between the removal of tonsils/adenoids or vaccinations and type 1 diabetes? (23 Nov 2004)
- My daughter, who has had type 1 for three years, was recently diagnosed with celiac. Could we have prevented the diabetes if we had known earlier about the celiac? (20 Sep 2004)
- My husband and young son both have type 1 diabetes. When we have our second child, do you recommend skipping certain immunizations? (15 Sep 2004)
- My young son was recently diagnosed with type 1. What caused it? Was it the steroids he took for ITP? What can he eat? What is his life expectancy? (12 Sep 2004)
- My son was diagnosed with type 1 just after taking eight days of antibiotics. Did the antibiotics cause his diabetes? (11 Sep 2004)
- Is type 1 diabetes congenital? (11 Sep 2004)
- Could you explain the link between the ingestion of dairy product and type 1 diabetes? (10 Sep 2004)
- Is there any evidence that some forms of medicine can cause type 1 diabetes? My daugher was diagnosed after completing some medication. (28 Aug 2004)
- Is there a relationship between breast milk jaundice and type 1 diabetes? (16 Feb 2004)
- Is a child at higher risk of developing type 1 diabetes if that child was not breast fed the first few days after birth? (12 Feb 2004)
- I was wondering how diabetes is passed on. It is quite common in my friend's family and he is very concerned! (11 Feb 2004)
- My son was diagnosed at the young age of 15 months. My husband has type 1. What are the chances that our next child will get the disease? (11 Feb 2004)
- Is it possible for her to have Type 1B diabetes, or is it more likely she is on the slide to full-on type 1 diabetes? (5 Feb 2004)
- My son was given whole milk at 2 months of age and I was wondering if that in some way contributed to his illness. (30 Jan 2004)
Topical Index |
Current Research: Causes and Prevention Questions |
Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:08:50
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.