LADA and MODY from 2008
- Based on the following laboratory values received today, what type of diabetes might I have and how might it best be treated? (19 Dec 2008)
- I have been diagnosed with pre-diabetes, but my blood sugars are now in range. Could this be the honeymoon of LADA? Might I have been misdiagnosed? (11 Nov 2008)
- Three years ago, I was told I had type 2. Later, they said it was MODY. I am now on quite a bit of insulin. Could I have type 1 and have had a long honeymoon? (24 Sep 2008)
- Diagnosed with MODY 2, my son's fasting and 2 a.m. blood sugars are slightly elevated. Is there medication to help lower them? What should his A1c be? (21 Sep 2008)
- My doctor says I have type 1.5. Can an anti-GAD test clarify if I have LADA or MODY? (10 Sep 2008)
- I was diagnosed with diabetes two years ago. Oral medication did not help, so I was put on insulin. I now have good control. Do I have LADA or type 2? (31 Aug 2008)
- Based on my symptoms, including extreme thirst, breath smelling like Juicy Fruit gum, and a blood sugar of 956 mg/dl [53.1 mmol/L], do I have diabetes? (17 Aug 2008)
- My son was diagnosed with diabetes, but not put on insulin. The doctors say he might have MODY. Could this be possible or is he just in his honeymoon? (20 Jul 2008)
Topical Index |
Current LADA Questions |
Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:08:50
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.