Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Rochester, Michigan, USA:

I saw a man on the news who is now a non-diabetic after a procedure with cell implants. How might I become part of a research study for this type of thing? I have no insurance and am still in good health at this point. I would like to know where to go find out how to have this done before I get any damage that can't be reversed.


You can contact your local university as the University of Michigan may be doing islet transplants. However, there are a number of institutions that are performing islet transplants. You can find more information on islet cell transplants at the Insulin-free world web site. Specific information on selection criteria is at the Islet Trials Referral and Update Service page.


Original posting 2 Mar 2005
Posted to Research: Cure


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:10:00
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.