Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Abilene, Kansas, USA:

Who can give my daughter shots at school?


The diabetes medical community has taken the position that, although a school nurse is the preferred person to provide diabetes care to students, non-medical personnel may be trained to administer insulin when a school health care professional is not available. However, the designation and training of personnel in diabetes care tasks must take state laws into account in determining what diabetes care tasks may be performed by non-medical personnel. Parents should check their own state's laws and nursing practice regulations.


Original posting 4 Jul 2004
Posted to School and Daycare and Daily Care


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:58
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.