Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From San Antonio, Texas, USA:

I need to start my husband on a diet to help get is sugar level into a more normal range. I need a diet that tells me what he should be eating at each meal and for snacks and what foods he should avoid. Help!


I would suggest you and your husband see a diabetes dietitian who can develop an individualized meal plan for him. Meal plans nowadays are more individualized in order to increase adherence and normalize blood sugars. If your husband needs to lose some weight, you will see that the weight loss will reduce the insulin resistance associated with type 2 diabetes and improve blood sugars. Ask your physician for a referral to a diabetes dietitian if necessary.


Original posting 11 Jun 2003
Posted to Meal Planning, Food and Diet


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:46
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.