Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Iron City, Tennessee, USA:

Where might I find a chart that lists types of food and the carbs that they contain for someone with insulin resistance?


I would suggest you meet with a registered dietitian (RD) who specializes in working with people who have diabetes and/or impaired glucose tolerance. An RD can individualize a meal plan that fits caloric needs and personal food preferences while maintaining optimal blood sugar control. The dietitian will also have access and can provide you with written materials will give you portion sizes for various carbohydrate, protein, and fat amounts.


Original posting 29 May 2002
Posted to Meal Planning, Food and Diet


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:34
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.