Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA:

I am a 35 year old male with type 1 diabetes. I am on Humalog, Ultralente, Regular and want to go to India for three weeks. What alternatives do I have?


I would simply take an extra supply of insulin with you and make no changes to your current diabetes care. International travel is usually no problem for folks with diabetes. You may also wish to have a note from your physician explaining that you have diabetes and require injected medications, and don't forget your medical identification.


[Editor's comment: See Traveling with Diabetes for more information. SS]

Original posting 6 Nov 2000
Posted to Traveling


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:16
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.