Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Greece:

I want to know about the sex life in people with diabetes. Specifically, my girlfriend has had diabetes for 5 months and I am trying to inform myself about this. Also, sometimes she asks herself "Why me?" Can you give your advice about what she should do?


Your girlfriend should see her gynecologist and describe her specific problem and symptoms. Hopefully, the gynecologist will be able to help her or possibly refer her to a specialist. Unfortunately, there is very little if any information in the current medical literature about sexual dysfunction in diabetic women.


Original posting 5 May 1999
Posted to Family Planning


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:02
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.