Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From California, USA:

I have a 12 year old son who has Type 1 diabetes. I no longer have medical insurance and can not afford insurance on my own. Can you direct me in the right way so my son can continue to get the care that he needs?


You should contact the social worker at your son's diabetes team or hospital. If your son doesn't have a Diabetes Team, you could:

  • ask your son's physician for assistance in contacting a social worker at a nearby hospital.

  • contact the local Affiliate of the American Diabetes Association for advice.


Original posting 21 Jul 97


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:08:54
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.