Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Vermont, USA:

I am 18 years old. My father was diagnosed with adult onset diabetes about a year and a half ago. The doctors said he had it for 10 years undiagnosed. He has a lot of complications that his doctor is having problems controlling or helping. I want to know where I can get information on diabetes complications. My father will be 40 this month and can not work because his complications are so severe.


Information about complications of diabetes can be found on the Internet, at:

Or call the ADA, at 1-800-ADA-DISC, or your nearest ADA Affiliate.


Original posting 6 Apr 97


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:08:54
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.