Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From the USA:

I am 17 years old. I have had diabetes for 3 years. My friend is also a diabetic. We are both getting ready to apply for colleges. She told me about a scholarship that she may be getting because of her diabetes, kind of like disability. I was just wondering if you knew of anything similar to this.


We've been asking around, but so far, haven't located any.

If any reader knows of any, please give us a holler!


Another reader's comment:

From New York, USA:

I am a senior at a University in New York, and Vocational Rehabilitation has paid for my education because I have Type 1 diabetes. All you have to do is to check under the government listing in your phone book for Vocational Rehabilitation. Or, go to the office for Students with Disabilities at the school your planning on attending, and ask for information. Vocational Rehabilitation has paid for my tuition and books for me to get the education I received. Good luck.

Original posting 16 Nov 96


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:08:52
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.