Current Celiac News
16 January 2019
Microbial Transglutaminase Is Immunogenic and Potentially Pathogenic in Pediatric Celiac Disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
Exposure to Different Amounts of Dietary Gluten in Patients with Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity (NCGS): An Exploratory Study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
9 January 2019
- Prevalence and characteristics of celiac disease in South African patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus: Results from the Durban Diabetes and Celiac Disease Study.
- Food Additive Linked To Celiac Disease.
2 January 2019
- Gluten contamination in food services and industry: A systematic review.
26 December 2018
- Effects of Whole and Malted Quinoa Flour Addition on Gluten-Free Muffins Quality.
- Growth changes after gluteen free diet in pediatric celiac patients: a literature-review.
- Gluten Immunogenic Peptides as Standard for the Evaluation of Potential Harmful Prolamin Content in Food and Human Specimen. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
19 December 2018
- The Dietary Intervention of Transgenic Low-Gliadin Wheat Bread in Patients with Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity (NCGS) Showed No Differences with Gluten Free Diet (GFD) but Provides Better Gut Microbiota Profile. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Celiac Disease Diagnosed through Screening Programs in At-Risk Adults Is Not Associated with Worse Adherence to the Gluten-Free Diet and Might Protect from Osteopenia/Osteoporosis. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Oat safety for celiac disease patients: theoretical analysis correlates adverse symptoms in clinical studies to contaminated study oats.
- Anti-transglutaminase antibody in adults with celiac disease and their relation to the presence and duration of gluten-free diet.
- Metabolic Alterations in Celiac Disease Occurring after Following a Gluten-Free Diet.
- More millennials navigating life with celiac disease.
12 December 2018
- Celiac Disease: A Review of Current Concepts in Pathogenesis, Prevention, and Novel Therapies. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Are Gluten-Free Diets More Nutritious? An Evaluation of Self-Selected and Recommended Gluten-Free and Gluten-Containing Dietary Patterns. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
5 December 2018
- Quality of life in celiac disease and the effect of gluten-free diet. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Probiotics in Celiac Disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- 'The best day of our lives — the day our son got diagnosed with Celiac disease,' said Sean Davis of Davis Feed & Farm Supply Ltd.
- Celiac disease may be treated with cystic fibrosis drugs. See also A pathogenic role for cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator in celiac disease.
- Celiac patients navigate holidays' gluten minefield.
28 November 2018
- The Relationship between Body Composition and a Gluten Free Diet in Children with Celiac Disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Gluten-Free Diet in Celiac Disease-Forever and for All? Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Comparison of non-invasive tests with invasive tests in the diagnosis of celiac disease.
- The 11 Best Gluten-Free Cookbooks Out There.
21 November 2018
- Tissue transglutaminase autoantibodies in children with newly diagnosed type 1 diabetes are related to human leukocyte antigen but not to islet autoantibodies: A Swedish nationwide prospective population-based cohort study.
- Sex Difference in Celiac Disease in Undiagnosed Populations - a Systematic Review and Meta-Analsysis.
- Beneficial Effect of Oligofructose-Enriched Inulin on Vitamin D and E Status in Children with Celiac Disease on a Long-Term Gluten-Free Diet: A Preliminary Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Nutritional Intervention Study.
- Possible Prevention of Diabetes with a Gluten-Free Diet. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- A Retrospective Study on Dietary FODMAP Intake in Celiac Patients Following a Gluten-Free Diet. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Why You Donâ€™t Want to Cut Out Gluten Before Testing for Celiac Disease.
13 November 2018
- Prevalence of Celiac Disease in a Long-Term Study of a Spanish At-Genetic-Risk Cohort from the General Population.
- Motility Disorders in Celiac Disease and Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity: The Impact of a Gluten-Free Diet. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- The Handbook of Minerals on a Gluten-Free Diet. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Canadian packaged gluten-free foods are less nutritious than their regular gluten-containing counterparts.
- First Insights into the Gut Microbiota of Mexican Patients with Celiac Disease and Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Contribution of HLA-DQ2/DQ8 haplotypes in type one diabetes patients with/without celiac disease.
7 November 2018
- Cigarette smoking and risk of celiac disease: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Celiac Disease and Celiac Antibodies in DM1 Patients: When Are Screening and Biopsy Recommended?
- Vaccine Now Under Trial Could Allow People to Eat Gluten Again.
31 October 2018
- Disordered eating behaviors in adolescents with celiac disease.
- How the growing gluten-free landscape affects those with celiac disease.
- Is gluten-free restaurant food really gluten-free? New study finds that might not be the case.
24 October 2018
- Screening for coeliac disease in 1624 mainly asymptomatic children with type 1 diabetes: is genotyping for coeliac-specific human leucocyte antigen the right approach?
- Dental and oral manifestations of celiac disease. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Prevalence of Chronic Liver Disease Among the Patients of Celiac Disease and Effect of Gluten-Free Diet on Outcome of Liver Disease: A Prospective Study.
- Your favorite gluten-free restaurant might be lying to you.
- Montville's Hilldale Elementary Students Learn About Celiac Disease.
19 October 2018
- Prevalence and Clinical Features of Celiac Disease in Healthy School-Aged Children.
10 October 2018
- A Review on the Gluten-Free Diet: Technological and Nutritional Challenges. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Anxiety after coeliac disease diagnosis predicts mucosal healing: a population-based study.
- Adherence to Gluten-Free Diet in Children with Celiac Disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Social and Emotional Fears and Worries Influencing the Quality of Life of Female Celiac Disease Patients Following a Gluten-Free Diet. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Bakerâ€™s alleged confession about gluten-free lie enrages celiac patients.
- A Complete Guide To Gluten-Free Baking.
3 October 2018
- Type 1 diabetes vaccine being harnessed from celiac disease research.
- Radio segment cause for concern for people with celiac disease.
26 September 2018
- Download our list of gluten free candy in time for Halloween.
- Long-term health and treatment outcomes in adult coeliac disease patients diagnosed by screening in childhood. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Cross-Contamination with Gluten by Using Kitchen Utensils: Fact or Fiction?
- Evaluation of a Handheld Gluten Detection Device.
19 September 2018
- An Overview of Celiac Disease in Childhood Type 1 Diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Incidence and Risk of Celiac Disease after Type 1 Diabetes: A Population-Based Cohort Study Using The Health Improvement Network Database.
- Systematic Literature Review of the Economic Burden of Celiac Disease.
- Gluten-Free Diet: From Development to Assessment of a Check-List Designed for the Prevention of Gluten Cross-Contamination in Food Services. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- A Mom's Guide to Type 1 Diabetes + Celiac (Toaster In Tow).
- Gluten-Free Food Labels Arenâ€™t As Accurate As You May Think.
- We wheat again: Navigating celiac disease in a world of gluten.
- A disease millions have and even more don't know it.
12 September 2018
- Endocrine complications of celiac disease: a case report and review of the literature.
- A systematic review and meta-regression of the knowledge, practices, and training of restaurant and food service personnel toward food allergies and Celiac disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- For college students with celiac disease, struggle is about more than just saying no to a beer.
5 September 2018
- For celiac students, dining on campus is a challenge.
29 August 2018
- Are the dietary habits of treated individuals with celiac disease adherent to a Mediterranean diet?
- How To Tell If You Have Celiac Disease Or A Gluten Intolerance.
22 August 2018
- Contribution of Oral Hygiene and Cosmetics on Contamination of Gluten-Free Diet: Do Celiac Customers Need to Worry About?
15 August 2018
- Celiac Autoimmunity is Associated with Lower Blood Pressure and Renal Risk in Type 1 Diabetes.
- A Low FODMAP Gluten-Free Diet Improves Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders and Overall Mental Health of Celiac Disease Patients: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Information for Schools.
- Made in Idaho: Boise mother uses experience with celiac disease to create the Jete bar.
8 August 2018
- Glycemic control and microvascular complications in adults with type 1 diabetes and long-lasting treated celiac disease: a case-control study.
- Gluten intake and risk of type 2 diabetes in three large prospective cohort studies of US men and women.
1 August 2018
- Interplay between Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus and Celiac Disease: Implications in Treatment. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- MyHealthyGut: development of a theory-based self-regulatory app to effectively manage celiac disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Autoimmune and Allergic Disorders are More Common in People With Celiac Disease or on a Gluten-free Diet in the United States.
- In Screening For Celiac Disease, Deamidated Gliadin Rarely Predicts Disease When Tissue Transglutaminase Is Normal.
- The Effect of Gluten-Free Diet on Thyroid Autoimmunity in Drug-NaĂŻve Women with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis: A Pilot Study.
25 July 2018
- The Nutritional Quality of Gluten-Free Products for Children. Free full text available in PDF format. See also Gluten-Free Kids' Foods Fall Short on Nutrition.
- Effects of age of diagnosis and dietary compliance on growth parameters of patients with celiac disease. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Detection of asymptomatic celiac disease in two siblings from a mother with non-celiac gluten sensitivity. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Long-term follow-up in adults with coeliac disease: Predictors and effect on health outcomes.
- This Is What Gluten-Free Experts Actually Eat Every Day.
- Girl pens book about her battle with celiac disease.
19 July 2018
- Vaccine Immunotherapy for Celiac Disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Psychiatric Comorbidity in Children and Adults with Gluten-Related Disorders: A Narrative Review. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
4 July 2018
- Clinical intervention using Bifidobacterium strains in celiac disease children reveals novel microbial modulators of TNF-α and short-chain fatty acids.
- Screening for autoimmune thyroiditis and celiac disease in minority children with type 1 diabetes.
27 June 2018
- Wheat Intolerance and Chronic Gastrointestinal Symptoms in an Australian Population-based Study: Association Between Wheat Sensitivity, Celiac Disease and Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders.
- Office-Based Point of Care Testing (IgA/IgG-Deamidated Gliadin Peptide) for Celiac Disease.
20 June 2018
- Dietary Intake and Micronutrient Supplementation in Youth with Celiac Disease with and without Type 1 Diabetes.
- Low Rates of Screening for Celiac Disease Among Family Members.
- Diagnostic Accuracy of Point of Care Tests for Diagnosing Celiac Disease: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.
- Children with untreated coeliac disease have sub-clinical cardiac dysfunction: a longitudinal observational analysis.
- Reproductive life in women with celiac disease; a nationwide, population-based matched cohort study.
13 June 2018
- Seasonality of birth affects paediatric coeliac disease.
- Delayed celiac disease diagnosis predisposes to reduced quality of life and incremental use of health care services and medicines: A prospective nationwide study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Celiac Patients Who Accidentally Ingest Gluten May Get Relief from New Medication.
- Detection and quantitation of immunogenic epitopes related to celiac disease in historical and modern hard red spring wheat cultivars. See also Don't Blame Wheat Breeding For Celiac, Gluten Sensitivity.
6 June 2018
- Oxidative and Antioxidative Status of Children with Celiac Disease Treated with a Gluten Free-Diet. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Coeliac screening in a high-risk population: paediatric type 1 diabetes-a review of current guidelines and practice.
- 'Eating just made me sicker': Why celiac disease is such a frustrating diagnosis.
Current Celiac News |
Last Updated: Thursday January 17, 2019 00:46:34
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.