Throughout the world, researchers in universities, hospitals and private companies are hard at work, trying to uncover the secrets of diabetes, discover a prevention, develop better management technology and, ultimately, find a cure. Watch these pages for news, information and press releases on all these fronts.
Reports from CWD Conferences
- CWD Conferences & Events:
Nov 2018| Oct 2018| July 2018| May 2018| Nov 2017| Oct 2017| Jul 2017| May 2017| Sep 2016| Jul 2016| Mar 2016| Nov 2015| Oct 2015| Sep 2015| Jul 2015 | Oct 2014 | Aug 2014 | Jul 2014 | Dec 2013 | Jul 2013 | Apr 2013 | Mar 2013 | Feb 2013 | Nov 2012 | Oct 2012 | Aug 2012 | Jul 2012 | Feb 2012 | Jan 2012 | Nov 2011 | Oct 2011 | Jul 2011 | Jul 2011 | Mar 2011 | Jan 2011 | Oct 2010 | Sep 2010 | Aug 2010 | Jun 2010 | Feb 2010 | Jan 2010 | Nov 2009 | Oct 2009 | Aug 2009 | Jul 2009 | Apr 2009 | Mar 2009 | Jan 2009 | Sep 2008 | Jul 2008 | Feb 2008 | Jan 2008 | Oct 2007 | Aug 2007 | Jul 2007 | Apr 2007 | Mar 2007 | Feb 2007 | Jan 2007 | Sep 2006 | Jul 2006 | Mar 2006 | Sep 2005 | Jul 2005 | Sep 2004 | Jul 2004 | Feb 2004 | Aug 2003 | Jul 2003 | Jan 2003 | Sep 2002 | Jul 2002 | Jul 2001 | Jun 2000
Hot Topics in Diabetes
- Immunizations and Type 1 Diabetes
- The Edmonton Protocol for Islet Transplants
- Stem Cell Research
- Cure Research
- Dr. Denise Faustman's Work and DRIF Review of Dr. Faustman's Work
- Clinically significant cognitive impairment in older adults with type 1 diabetes.
- Predicting Progression to Type 1 Diabetes from Ages 3 to 6 in Islet Autoantibody Positive TEDDY Children.
- The Clinical Case for the Integration of a Ketone Sensor as Part of a Closed Loop Insulin Pump System.
- Glucose Control Using a Standard Versus an Enhanced Hybrid Closed Loop System: A Randomized Crossover Study.
- Metabolic effects of glucagon in humans. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
Daily Care News
- Overweight and obesity in type 1 diabetes equal those of the general population.
- Short-acting insulin analogues versus regular human insulin on postprandial glucose and hypoglycemia in type 1 diabetes mellitus: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Insulin Bolus Administration in Insulin Pump Therapy: Effect of Bolus Delivery Speed on Insulin Absorption from Subcutaneous Tissue.
- Impact of Insulin Injection and Infusion Routines on Lipohypertrophy and Glycemic Control in Children and Adults with Diabetes.
- Use of Continuous Glucose Monitoring Trends to Facilitate Exercise in Children with Type 1 Diabetes.
- A Feasibility Study of Paired Continuous Glucose Monitoring Intrapartum and in the Newborn in Pregnancies Complicated by Type 1 Diabetes.
- The Association of Biochemical Hypoglycemia with the Subsequent Risk of a Severe Hypoglycemic Event: Analysis of the DCCT Data Set. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- The Association of Glycated Hemoglobin with mortality and ESKD among persons with diabetes and chronic kidney disease. See also End-stage kidney disease risk in diabetes not influences by elevated HbA1c.
- Impact of technology-based interventions for children and young people with type 1 diabetes on key diabetes self-management behaviours and prerequisites: a systematic review. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- The importance of insulin donations for children in 43 low- and middle-income countries. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- How effective are trained dogs at alerting their owners to changes in blood glycaemic levels?: Variations in performance of glycaemia alert dogs. Free full text available in PDF format. See also Medical detection dogs help diabetes patients regulate insulin levels and Diabetes-detection dogs help patients avoid serious blood sugar crashes, first large trial finds.
Legislative and Legal News
- Sanofi and Novo Nordisk press ahead with US insulin prices rises.
- Federal worker forced to ration insulin because of government shutdown.
- Diabetic Alaskans want government accountability as insulin prices skyrocket.
- Fargo families and legislators team up to tackle rising insulin prices.
- Diabetics forced to chose between insulin or putting food on the table as prices soar.
Diabetes News in the Popular Press
- BC Transit apologizes for driver denying diabetic teen a snack.
- Diagnosed: Teachers’ Misunderstanding Diabetes Can Be Deadly For Diabetic Students.
- Dexcom tops revenue forecast as demand grows for wearable glucose monitors.
- How a 'regulatory dead zone' may be holding up copycat insulin.
- The Strange Marketplace for Diabetes Test Strips.
- Artificial Sweeteners, Not Good, Not Bad.
- Microbial Transglutaminase Is Immunogenic and Potentially Pathogenic in Pediatric Celiac Disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Exposure to Different Amounts of Dietary Gluten in Patients with Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity (NCGS): An Exploratory Study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Prevalence and characteristics of celiac disease in South African patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus: Results from the Durban Diabetes and Celiac Disease Study.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Thursday January 17, 2019 00:32:31
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.